Newcastle upon Tyne
Job Title: Planning Manager / Lead Production Planner (Newcastle)
*Manage a team of 3 well-established Production Planners
*Option to earn an additional 5-day holiday per year
A successful Manufacturing company who specialise in Automotive and Fabrication parts, are looking to appoint a Planning Manager into the business.
Salary of a Planning Manager
£40,000 - £43,000
- Manage a team of 3 well-established Production Planners.
- Option to earn an additional 5-day holiday per year.
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays.
- Enhanced pension scheme.
- Life assurance X2 of your yearly salary.
- Half day on a Friday
- Chance to work for a business that have plans to double in size.
- Opportunity for long-term progression
Job Description of a Planning Manager
- Lead a team of production planners to deliver on the business strategy.
- Help to develop the SAP system they have in place.
- Drive activities to meet KPI targets to reduce inventory and supply chain costs.
- Monitor and maintain safety stock in the key areas of the manufacturing process.
- Awareness of New product introduction and implications for planning function, BOMs/Routes, Work Centre, Capacity.
- Full people management responsibility for 3 direct reports for example, annual appraisals, performance management, absence management.
Skills & experience of a Planning Manager
- Previous experience in Master Scheduling, forecasting, Procurement and Planning within high-volume Manufacturing.
- Leadership experience would be preferred.
- Excellent IT skills including Intermediate to advanced Excel.
- Proficient in using SAP (desirable)
To apply and call Lauren Todner our Supply Chain Consultant on (phone number removed)
Theo James Recruitment specialise in Manufacturing & Engineering recruitment across the following disciplines.
Leadership and Management
Design - Engineer, Management
Project Engineering, Management
Production / Process Engineering
Maintenance – Technician, Engineer, Management
Quality - Engineering, Management
Health, Safety & Environmental
HR & Finance
Sales & Business Administration