We are working with our client who are a successful Oil, Gas and Renewables logistics company in the search for a lifting supervisor.
Based in Wallsend, you will be responsible for leading a team of operatives and directing a crane driver in the safe slinging, lifting of loads and working from a lift plan to stringent health and safety factors with both mobile and stationary cranes.
There is a lot of overtime on offer, 12-hour shifts including Nightshift available etc so we are looking for some keen to work and earn a good living.
- Ensure approval is obtained from 3rd parties as appropriate and reflected in documentation and team briefings.
- Check that there is an Emergency Rescue Plan for the crane operator (as appropriate to the crane). Check for the presence of a Permit to Work (where applicable).
- Ensure that a Task Briefing is conveyed it to the whole lift team.
- Direct and supervise the lifting operation, ensuring that it is carried out in accordance with the Method Statement (or Lift Plan) and Risk Assessment, giving clear and unambiguous instructions to all other members of the team.
- Confirm that the geometry of the lift complies with the Method Statement (in the case of non complex) or Lift Plan
- Have authority to stop the lifting operation if he/she considers it dangerous to proceed.
- Be fully conversant with the duties of all persons involved in the lifting operation.
- Audit the qualifications of personnel involved in the lift, prior to commencement.
- Ensure that there is clear communication between him/herself and all team members.
- Ensure that lifts involving multiple crane operations are controlled by one competent person only.
- Experienced lift supervisors only with stationary and mobile crane lift experience
- Excellent knowledge of equipment and safety standards
- Able to plan and arrange rigging
- Crane Supervisor Training Essential
- AP Advantageous and an ability to write lift plans
- Permanent Full Time role
- Approx �15/16 PH with lots of overtime at 1.5 and double etc
- Lots of overtime available both dayshift and nightshift
- Training given
- Friendly teamworking environment