Process and Development Engineer
Process and Development Engineer/ Norwich/ permanent – salary up to £40k
Technique Recruitment Solutions is a specialist engineering recruitment agency based in Norfolk; we are proud to be working on behalf of our prestigious engineering design and manufacturing client based in Norwich.
Process and Development Engineer will lead the methods, systems and equipment used within the business from engineering to manufacturing to optimise process flows, procedures, and the development of existing and new products.
This new position comes from the need to maintain, develop, and introduce improved engineering and manufacturing strategies to streamline the business's functionality, meet customer demands, work alongside recognised standards and practices, and introduce strict systematic processes to improve product quality.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
· Oversee, assess, and manage existing processes and workflows.
· Introduce new workflow processes and/or systems to optimize the day-to-day performance of the business.
· Support with the handling of product development, from implementation to manufacturing.
· Optimise manufacturing capacity by improving on current manufacturing techniques, testing methods, and technology/equipment.
· Ensure that equipment and processes are compliant and meet the requirements of relevant regulations and industry standards.
· Adopt value engineering principles, design for manufacture and concurrent engineering techniques into product development.
· Work alongside all areas of the business to support in the modification of existing production designs and the preparation of new designs.
· Assist in the evaluation of technical problems with the installed product base, which may include travel to the customer for specific investigations.
· To assess, and invite process change in compliance with Safety and Quality Standards.
· Assist in the preparation of and preparing of technical reports and/or presentations involving process improvements, which benefit cost reduction, improved capacity and/or capability.
· Carry out other tasks as may be reasonably requested by Line Manager, that are within the role holder’s ability.
Process and Development Engineer will have degree or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering and have knowledge of process engineering systems and techniques.
Familiar with product development processes from design implementation to manufacture and have knowledge of standard manufacturing techniques and engineering processes. Expereinced in the control and maintaining of process flow mapping, and PFMEA management. Having experience in mapping software i.e. Microsoft Visio or Similar and continuous improvement techniques would be desirable.
This is permanent, full-time position 37.5 hrs per week Monday to Friday.
In return our client is offering salary of up to £40K per annum with following benefits: enhanced pension, Life Assurance, and 25 days holiday plus 8 BH, as well as free on-site car park.