My client is looking for a Neighbourhood Housing Officer to start in this busy team based in South London. The roles are for a minimum of 3 months up to 12 months.
Duties and responsibilities:
- To deal with tenant and leaseholder enquiries regarding matters relating to their tenancy and lease in line with the organisation’s policies and procedures.
- To manage low level anti-social behaviour (ASB) in the neighbourhood ensuring that incidents of ASB are resolved quickly and efficiently
- To deal with tenancy breaches and take appropriate action where necessary.
- To carry out regular estate inspections ensuring that residents are involved and standards are maintained within the organisation’s Performance Indicators
- Work with residents and other departments to identify estate improvements in the neighbourhoods
- To undertake tenancy audits and where necessary take appropriate legal action to recover any properties where the legitimate tenant is not residing in the property.
- To manage tenancy changes to include, assignments, successions name changes etc.
- To provide advice and support to vulnerable residents to enable them to sustain their tenancy.
- To support and work with resident groups to help them influence the way in which services are delivered to their neighbourhoods
- Communicate effectively with colleagues to support service delivery using a range of methods including in person, by telephone, via electronic communication etc.
- To work in partnership and communicate effectively with external agencies, partners, and stakeholders to effectively manage tenancies and neighbourhoods
- To ensure that Safeguarding is observed whilst carrying out your duties.
- To provide periodic reports which may include basic statistical information.
- To be aware of external support agencies and have the ability to effectively sign post residents to appropriate service providers to help them sustain their tenancy.
- To be able to work alone; visiting residents in their home while observing the organisations lone working procedures.
- To investigate and resolve complaints in accordance with the Organisation’s policies and procedures
- Identify opportunities for service improvements and make recommendations where appropriate
Please send your CV to Wayne Molsher in the first instance.