NXTGEN are recruiting a fantastic Financial Accountant role for a well known brand based in Peterborough. It's exciting times for the business as they continue to go from strength to strength. You will be joining a high performing, accounting team with an outstanding track record. as Financial Accountant you will play an active role in ensuring teams have access to insightful finance information, You will also play a key role in the delivery of the year end reporting and production of reporting packs, working to demanding deadlines and time frames as set by the business. The Financial Accountant will take ownership for the delivery of month end close. You will also play a key role in the statutory close for the business units as well as liaising with internal and external audit.
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Manage and deliver the month end close for your business units, including Statutory reports
- Assist in the production of year end accounts
- Build strong internal relationships with Stakeholders and business partners to ensure the business units have the necessary financial information to aid key business decisions
- Support with a range of ad hoc projects as the business continues to grow organically and through acquisition
- Take an active role in year end statutory close, liaising with group and external audit teams when required
- Work closely with the wider finance team to improve financial controls
The successful candidate will ideally be qualified (ACA/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent) with a proven technical background. Prior experience gained within a leading accountancy firm would be advantageous and the role is well as having extensive experience in a technical accounting role. A good working knowledge of IFRS reporting is desirable combined with experience either Auditing or working within a large corporate or listed business.