My client is now recruiting for a Field Service Engineer. Previous experience as a Vehical Technician is essential for this job and your role is to provide an efficient and competent response to planned, reactive and ad-hoc repairs and service inspections to customers vehicles within an acceptable timescale
This is a team-based position, managing breakdown calls and planned Prepaid Maintenance visits, reporting to Service manager via the service desk.
It is a Permanent Full Time position. Most work is achievable within a day but early starts and late finishes are sometimes unavoidable, possible late-notice overnight stays may on rare occasion be required. Weekend call-out availability will occasionally be requested
- Receiving new jobs on electronic android
- Liaising as and when necessary, with the service desk each morning, during each day and each evening to discuss the present and next days’ work-plan.
- To liaise with the customer prior to attending site and before leaving site upon completion of work
- Carry out vehicle inspections and repairs to electric and other vehicles
- Produce good productivity levels in line with Auto data /Manufacture repair times
- Adhering to risk assessments and method statements as appropriate to the work being carried out
- Advising service desk of required parts to re-stock van or receive further parts to continue with any on-going work
- To maintain the parts stock levels to the service van and lock-up.
- To advise service desk of service van faults and impending service intervals
- To provide an efficient and competent response to planned, reactive and ad-hoc repairs and service inspections to customers vehicles within an acceptable timescale
- Qualified /time served vehicle technician (minimum 3 years)
- Electrical training essential
- A good standard of both written and spoken English
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to work under your own initiative, as well as part of a team
- Be a well organised individual with excellent time management
- Smart and tidy appearance
If you have experience and skills needed for this role then please hit apply. Shortlisting will start immediately.
Ideal location for this role is Peterborough, Spalding, Huntingdon, Stamford, Bourne, Grantham, Oakham, Oundle, Whittlesey, Ramsey and the surrounding area.