Systems Engineer Consultant – Communication Systems, Defence, Space, C4ISTAR, Government and Security sector.
Salary - £40K-£90K plus pension, life assurance, medical, 25 days holiday (with ability to buy additional holiday) plus other benefits
Location – Portsmouth - Hybrid role
Due to expansion our client is looking for Systems Engineering Consultants from a Systems Engineer to Senior Systems Engineer to Principal Consultant and Managing Consultant
Our client is a successful technical consultancy delivering systems engineering services to government and industry. They have experience within defence, communication systems ,nuclear, space, satellite systems, security and transport sectors of the UK and NATO which enables their team to provide solutions to support a diverse stakeholder group and community of varying sizes and complexity.
Skills & Experience required for the role of Systems Engineering Consultant
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate the following essential and desirable attributes:
• Educated to degree level in Electronics, Systems Engineering , Maths Physics, technical subject , or equivalent relevant experience.
• Ability to use and apply both ‘soft’ and ‘hard’ systems engineering techniques to support system design/ development, business decision making, policy development, and/or research.
• Development, application, and delivery of systems engineering methods, tools and artefacts. Knowledge and Understanding of the Systems Engineering Lifecycle. ]
• Building and maintaining client and stakeholder relationships.
• Authoring technical reports, developing systems engineering artefacts, and presenting to customers.
• Experience within Space Systems, C4ISTAR, Satellite Systems is preferable
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Experience in some of the following:
o Requirements elicitation and derivation
o Enterprise & System Architecting
o Verification & Validation/ Test & Evaluation
o System Integration
o Technology & Capability Roadmapping
o Capability/ Effects-based Engineering
o Option Analysis/ Solution trade-off studies
o Risk management and analysis
o Workshop design and facilitation
This is a hybrid role, working on client sites as required, home and office based.
Due to the nature of the work within the MOD/Defence sector, candidates will ideally already have UK SC or DV Clearance
Keywords - Government, Security, NATO, Defence, V-Model, Requirements Capture, Systems Engineering, ISTAR, Satellite Systems, Space, Systems Architecture, Sparx EA, SE Artefacts, Verification, Validation, Systems Engineer, ITEA , TOGAF, ITIL, eTOM, DOORS, STK, Systems Engineering, Electronics , Communication Systems
Systems Engineering Consultant – Defence, Space, C4ISTAR, Government and Security sector