An exciting opportunity has arisen for a pragmatic, hands on Head of Health and Safety to join a leading FM and Infrastructure Service Company, operating across the UK. The ideal candidate will have a strong Rail, Electrical and Mechanical knowledge. The successful applicant will be joining a motivated and experienced Management Team and will be tasked with developing and implementing the company’s Health and Safety strategy across the business and will sit with the SMT (Senior Management Team) and have regular interaction with Board Level. The person we are looking for will have, drive, energy and passion as well as strategic insight, business and customer focus and exceptional leadership skills.
• Maintenance and continuous developing of the ISO management systems and accreditations.
• Work closely with the Senior Leadership Team to develop and deliver the health & safety strategy.
• Build relationships with key stakeholders within the organisation.
• Monitoring and reviewing health & safety trends to identify areas of improvement.
• Develop and improve Health & Safety culture across the organisation.
• Develop Training needs and develop programmes and deliver.
• Liaise with Health & Safety Executive and other regulators when required.
• Managing 3rd party suppliers, building strong relationships
• Support on incident and accident investigation when required and lessons learnt.
• NEBOSH Diploma, NVQ L6
• Minimum, Chartered Membership of IOSH (CMIOSH) and a relevant degree level qualification
• 5 years + Previous experience working in a strategic position within Health & Safety.
• Experience of influencing senior stakeholders and Board Level
• Experience working in a FM and Infrastructure sector
• Knowledge of CDM is essential
This is a great opportunity to join an organisation that takes Health, Safety and Welfare of its employees seriously, and you will have the influence to impact change.