A leading M&E Contractor are looking for a Quantity Surveyor to join their Commercial Team.
They undertake projects within broadly in the commercial sectors up to the value of around £3m. They have an excellent reputation within the industry and have enjoyed a period of growth with a large and diverse client base.
The ideal candidate will be a current Electrical or M&E Quantity Surveyor working for an M&E Contractor. This role will also suit an Electrical Estimator looking to transition into a QS role. You will have developed strong technical knowledge and of course be commercially astute. This is an office-based role so you will live within a reasonable commute.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Orders information received and systematically checks data.
- Prepares Activity Schedules, Resource Schedules & analyses tender documents
- Reviews complex contract programmes.
- Ability to create and issue delay notice, acceleration notice and letter to commence.
- Monitors subcontract activities, measure and respond appropriately.
- Analyze the commercial progress and report to Directors.
- Prepares procurement programme and helps develop the strategy
- Analyses rates & prices, agreement of variations and or compensation events as required
- Prepares, submits and negotiates claims when required
- Cost Value reconciliations (CVRs)
- Managing monthly project cost reports in a timely manner.
- Negotiation of variations, calculations & settlement of final accounts.
- Cash Flow forecasting Management of subcontractor accounts.
- Obtaining and verifying Subcontractor quotations for specialist items.
- Take off from drawings and interpreting specifications.
- Dealing with post tender queries / negotiations.
- Degree-qualified/relevant experience
- Current Electrical QS/Estimating experience in contracting
- Varied project portfolio
- Commercially minded
- Excellent communication
- Ambitious open for development