Purpose: The purpose of the HSE Advisor is to provide support in all HSE activities, ensuring health and safety standards are adhered to at all times across all Millboard sites.
Scope: Reporting to the HSE Manager the candidate is required to own the ‘Save a Mate’ near miss behavioural safety initiative, ensuring suggestions are considered and improvements put in place and items tracked. To provide support in compliance with HSE legal requirements, as well as providing employees with training, understanding and appreciation in key areas such as chemical safety, LOTO, manual handling, delivering new starter inductions and training and servicing.
Please note that this job description is intended only to act as a guide to the requirements of this role and is not an exhaustive list. As such all job descriptions are non-contractual and may be subject to review and amendment. The Company and management reserve the right to require you to undertake reasonable duties and tasks which are not detailed below.
- To support all HSE activities under the leadership of the HSE Manager.
- Auditing of compliance with HSE procedures including the shop floor.
- Responsible for managing the Millboard ‘Save a Mate’ initiative from promoting and training to collating suggestions and providing feedback.
- Coordinating Occupational Health surveys and medicals, toolbox talks and regular H&S training including maintaining training records.
- Undertake regular daily/weekly/monthly HSE site inspections and checks identifying potential risks to health and implementing actions as required.
- Writing Risk, Manual Handling & COSHH Assessments as part of a site assessment team.
- Deal with any incidents proactively including undertaking accident/incident investigations.
- Support continuous improvement for legal compliance and ISO 14001 & 45001 processes.
- Co-ordinate control of RPE for manufacturing activities.
- Carry out regular stock takes of all PPE equipment and raising requests for any items as required.
- Participate in monthly HSE meetings led by the HSE Manager, compile actions and distribute to senior team.
The competencies listed are appropriate to the HSE Advisor and are an illustration of the qualities that the Company requires.
- At least 2 years Health & Safety experience; manufacturing background preferred; chemical background preferred.
- NEBOSH general certificate/NCRQ level 6 certificate or equivalent and preferably tech or grad IOSH grade membership of IOSH.
- Self-sufficient with a desire to learn new skills and progress as a Health & Safety professional.
- Strong, confident character with drive, energy and enthusiasm; able to build relationships across all levels of an organisation at the Production facility and Head Office.
- A quick decision maker that uses their initiative to solve an issue.
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills and the ability to collect, sort, analyse, review, communicate and present numerical and statistical analysis on HSE KPI’s and produce reports when required.
- Experience of MS Office applications, particularly Excel and Word.
- First Aid trained desirable.
- 22 days holiday per annum plus Bank holidays
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Eyecare Contributions
- Free Parking
- Discounted rates for employees, friends and family of all Millboard products
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Note to applicants – Once we have received your completed application, this will be reviewed against set criteria for the role. Due to the volume of applications received, if you do not hear back after 2 weeks please assume on this occasion that unfortunately you have been unsuccessful.