Back to search
SHEQ Co-Ordinator (M&E Building Services)
Posted 21 days ago
Reporting to the Operations Director, the SHEQ Coordinator will be responsible (with input from the project delivery teams) for the production of project-specific RAMS/CPP's and the coordination of the various processes and procedures required for CDM compliance and maintenance/enhancement of company accreditations.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Through liaison with the Project Manager/Project Engineer, produce job-specific Risk Assessments & Method Statements (RAMS) and Construction Phase Plans (CPP's) for various design & build projects and small works, ranging in value from �10k to �1.5M.
- Maintenance and enhancement of company accreditations (including CHAS, Safe Contractor, ConstructionLine etc).
- Through liaison with the Project Manager/Project Engineer, produce job-specific Operation and Maintenance Manuals (O&M's) to enable handover of the various projects.
- Assist with the development of in-house operating procedures (including Health & Safety, Quality Assurance, Environmental Management and Mental Health etc).
- On occasion, undertake visits to site to complete on-site audits of health & safety performance and prepare reports on compliance/improvements.
- Prepare, monitor and report on site inspection checklists to ensure auditability of health and safety performance.
- Prepare quarterly health and safety reports of in-house performance and sub-contractor performance to assist with continual improvement.
- Offer general guidance and assistance on health, safety and procedural matters to project delivery teams.
- Develop the Pre-qualification Questionnaire process for all sub-contractors to ensure compliance with policies.
- Assist with the companies move towards ISO9001 accreditation.
- Monitor and circulate updates on applicable health & safety legislation and suggest formal and informal training for staff.
- The SHEQ Coordinator shall have at least 2 years' experience in a similar role with a contractor in the construction industry.
- A NEBOSH or equivalent qualification in Health & Safety would be preferred.
- The ability to manage your own diary in order to plan meetings, site visits and general administration (in coordination with the admin team, design team and project teams).
- The candidate will be required to be proactive, self-motivated and well organised.
- Primarily office based the candidate will be open to occasional travel to site/meetings.
- Proficiency in standard ICT including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point. Experience in the use of health & safety software (such as HandsHQ or similar) would be beneficial.
- Full UK Driving License is preferred (6 points or less).
- Entitlement to work in the UK is essential.
- A competitive salary ranging from �27.5k to �35k, depending on experience/qualifications.
- 23 days holiday per annum (plus bank holidays).
- Use of their own vehicle will be required. Occasional travel to site by train or using pool vehicle.
- Hybrid/Flexible working (site, office and home).
- Company laptop and mobile phone (with fair personal usage).
- Private medical insurance (after 6 months of continuous service and inclusion at the next company's annual renewal).
- Life assurance scheme. (after 6 months of continuous service and inclusion at the next company's annual renewal).
- Auto-Enrolment Pension scheme.
- Opportunity to take an active role in the continual improvement of company procedures and processes.
Opportunity to develop both academically and professionally through commitment to support additional learning. Please apply with your CV if this is of interest.