We are recruiting for an experienced Health & Safety Manager to work for a manufacturing organisation located in the Hull area.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
The purpose of the Health and Safety Manager is to support the facilities manager in establishing and continuously improving the HSE policy and procedures and driving best practice culture across the site.
* Making changes to working practices that are safe and comply with legislation;
* Preparing health and safety strategies and developing internal policy;
* Carrying out risk assessments and considering how risks could be reduced;
* Outlining safe operational procedures which identify and take account of all relevant hazards;
* Carrying out regular site inspections to check policies and procedures are being properly implemented;
* Leading in-house training with managers and employees about health and safety issues and risks;
* Keeping records of inspections findings and producing reports that suggest improvements;
* Keeping records of incidents and accidents and producing statistics for managers;
* Keeping up to date with new legislation and maintaining a working knowledge of all Health and Safety Executive (HSE) legislation and any developments that affect the employer's industry;
* Advising on a range of specialist areas, e.g. fire regulations, hazardous substances, noise, safeguarding machinery and occupational diseases.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
* NEBOSH qualified.
* Minimum 2 years experience working in a similar role in a fast paced environment.
* The ability to communicate effectively at all levels together with a ‘can do’ attitude.
* Be motivated by the challenge of continuous improvement.
* Have the ability to influence change.
You will be paid a basic salary of between £45,000 and £50,000 (depending on candidate needs and experience), plus outstanding benefits.