Industrial Door & Roller Shutter Engineer – St Albans, Hertfordshire – £14.00- £18.00 Per Hour + Overtime!
Industrial Door & Roller Shutter Engineer Package Overview:
- £14- £18 per hour
- Lots of overtime available
- iPad, mobile phone and new company vehicle provided
- Full-time, permanent position
- Working hours are Monday to Friday with weekend overtime available. Overtime is paid at 1.5x in the week and on Saturdays and 2x on Sundays
- No call out rota
- Excellent progression and training opportunities
- Area covered – Geographically, you will cover from Birmingham down to Portsmouth however most of the work will be located in and around the London and Home Counties area
Company Overview – Industrial Door & Roller Shutter Engineer
Our client, a leader in their sector with over 40 years’ experience, are currently looking for an Industrial Door Engineer to join their highly valued team on a full-time permanent basis.
This Company are continuing to grow at an impressive rate due to their excellent reputation and trusted expertise in their field. They offer a number of products and services across their many divisions and are currently looking for someone who shares their passion and drive for the Industry.
This is an exciting time for the company and the right candidate for the role will need to be enthusiastic, forward thinking and personable with the drive to hit the floor running in order to take full advantage of the opportunities available to them.
Some of the services offered include Industrial Doors, Roller Shutters, Automatic Doors, Sectional Doors, Automated Gates, Steel Doors, Fire Doors and Garage Doors. Previous experience within all of these areas is preferred although not essential.
You will be part of a team who all understand the importance of working together to ensure a high standard of work is delivered. You will be given support, training and the correct tools to carry out your role efficiently and effectively.
Industrial Door & Roller Engineer Role and Responsibilities:
- Working as the senior engineer within a two-man team, you will be responsible for the full installation, repair, service and maintenance of Industrial Doors, Roller Shutters, Automatic Doors, Sectional Doors, Automated Gates, Steel Doors, Fire Doors and Garage Doors
- Geographically, you will cover from Birmingham down to Portsmouth however most of the work will be located in and around the London and Home Counties area
- As well as plenty of installation work, the role will entail some fault finding, estimating repair requirement, fault diagnosis and service calls along with advising customers of potential equipment faults
- You will have an Engineer's Mate working alongside you to help you with the demands of the workload
- This role focuses mainly on Installation work, therefore you must be a competent and experienced installer who can also service, repair and maintain systems when required
- Training on Automatic Doors and Gates can be provided, along with attaining qualifications such as ADSA & DHF, however you will require extensive knowledge of the industrial door and shutter industry
Industrial Door Engineer Skills and Experience:
- At least 3 years’ experience working with Industrial Doors, Sectional Doors, High-speed Doors, Fire Doors, Garage Doors & Roller Shutters and preferably knowledge of Automatic Doors and Automatic Gates
- DHF Diploma / Gate Safe would be preferable but not essential
- A strong electrical / mechanical engineering background is essential
- Full UK Driving Licence is essential
- CSCS, IPAF & PASMA Certified would be preferable but not essential as these can be attained by the employer
- Excellent communication skills are essential
- ADSA/ ADIA EN16005 preferable but not essential
- You will live in or around the M25 and Home Counties areas and be happy to travel
- You will be happy to work as part of a small team, being an integral part of the business and enabling the growth of the firm over the coming years
- You will be a self-starter, someone who can work independently as well as within a two-man team and be able to provide guidance to the engineer's mate working alongside you
DON'T MISS OUT ON THIS GREAT OPPORTUNITY - APPLY NOW
Get Staff acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers
Please note that if you have not been contacted within 7 days, your application for this position has been unsuccessful.
Industry Key Words:
Roller Shutters, Sectional Doors, Overhead Doors, High-speed Doors, Fast-Action Doors, Loading Bays, Dock Levellers and Dock Shelters, Industrial Doors, Fire Doors, Rapid Roll Doors, Security Grilles, Shop Fronts, Security Shutters, Steel Doors, Up and Over Doors, PVC Curtains, Automated Entrance Doors, Strip Curtain Doors, Garage Doors, Scissor Doors, Hormann, BESAM, GEZE, Dorma, Tormax, Record, Label, ADSA BS7036 EN16005, PASMA, IPAF, CSCS, International Powered Access Federation, Prefabricated Access Suppliers and Manufacturers Association, Construction Skills Certification Scheme