Mental Health: Genesis House – Staines
Do you want a rewarding career where you can really make a difference?
Do you have:
- Some understanding of recovery principles and embedding the ethos of recovery into your own practice.
- Ability to make a comprehensive assessment of an individual’s situation and needs
- Excellent communication
- Good organisational skills
- Being able to work under your own initiative
If yes, join us at Ability Housing where you can be part of a friendly and inspiring team as a Support Worker.
We have 3 full-time vacancies (40hrs a week) as well as a part-time role at Genesis House in Staines, for a permanent position (role sharing may be considered). The successful candidates need to be able to be part of rolling rota, covering days, evenings, weekends, bank holidays and sleep-ins.
About the role
You will provide outcomes focused support to individuals living with mental illness or dual diagnosis, including one to one individual support and liaison with other mental health agencies on behalf of people who use our services.
You will also:
- Work to enable individuals to self-manage their personal and domestic resources and to undertake activities of daily living.
- Jointly develop, review, monitor and adapt person centred support and safety plans.
- Contribute to the protection of individuals from the risk of abuse and harm to self and others who access our services.
- Encourage those living with mental illness to recognise, understand and manage factors that affect their mental wellbeing and physical health
- Empower our customers to develop the independent living skills they need, to successfully move on
- Provide personal care for customers, if required.
Salary – 22,253.35 – 40 hours per week (£10.67ph)
Benefits you will receive with this role
- Support and Leadership
- Training and development opportunities
- Company healthcare scheme
- 30 days annual leave (included bank holidays)
- Contributory pension
- 0.45p per mile
- Sick Pay
This post requires employment references and clearance by the Disclosure & Barring Service.