Children's Support Worker
Are you looking for a new role or additional work that will give you a variety of shifts and a sense of achievement?
An exciting opportunity has arrived for a Children and young people support worker; we are currently looking for experienced who have a learning disabilities background and challenging behaviour working with children and young people for a minimum of 6 months to 1 year. We have an amazing organisation based in the County Durham area. They are looking for immediate starters to Work night shifts, day shifts and sleep ins.
You will be providing and promote person-centred care and support to vulnerable customers including people who have a range of mental health needs, learning and physical disabilities, behaviours that might challenge and require differing levels of support; to meet a range of complex social and health needs.
What we`ll need from you:
- Ability to work alone or within a team.
- Be able to work night shifts
- Ability to monitor and ensure the safety and security of the residents.
- An understanding of challenging behaviour is preferred.
- Must have an approachable, proactive, and friendly attitude towards work.
- 6 months - 1 years` experience working with Children or Young People.
- A DBS registered on the Update Service would be a great advantage.
Benefit of working for us:
- We work to manage your availability. Here at Brook Street believe in a work life balance and aim to provide this to all contracted to us.
- Recommend a friend �100 voucher
- FREE continuous, training, support, and development
- Regular communication with us weekly and awe also have 24-hour night service team who will be available out of hours to support the branch network if you so need.
- Competitive hourly pay- For our temp workers we offer better hourly rate than our temp positions depending on the roles, and we value the flexibility and time of our temps.
- Enhanced hourly pay rate with Temp staff.
- Weekly pay.
If you are passionate about making a difference in the lives of vulnerable children and meet the requirements listed above,Please contact Lara Wilson-Souter at Brook Street Social Care.