We’re hiring for a Quality Manager to join an award-winning engineering company based in Stockport who manufacturer and supply a wide range of machine components to various industries across the globe.
You’ll be reporting to the Managing Director where you’ll be responsible for the quality of precision machined components and assemblies, ensuring that they meet the required customer and regulatory requirements.
What’s on offer?
- £35,000 - £40,000 per annum
- Monday to Thursday 7:30 am to 4:30 pm / Friday 12:30 pm finish
- 5 weeks holiday + bank holidays
- On site parking
- Pension contribution
What will you be doing as a Quality Manager?
- Maintaining the quality standards of precision machined components and assemblies to meet required customer and regulatory requirements in accordance with ISO9001 / AS9100 standards
- Playing a pivotal role in ensuring products supplied are manufactured to the customer quality expectations
- Leading Product Quality Life-Cycle requirements and processes, to include New Production introduction, Product Compliance, Risk Management, and Product change Management
- Liaising with the Production team to develop and implement controls and improvements to reduce rework and reject levels
- Analysing quality performance metrics, lead and implement improvement opportunities
- Ensuring Quality KPI's are tracked and actioned
- Identifying and investigating non-conformance's and develop corrective actions, and improvements
- Taking and accepting responsibility for relevant QA decisions with the business working within a timely fashion
- Conducting both Internal and Supplier Audits from planning through to audit close out to ensure business processes are appropriate and robust
What do you need?
- HNC / HND level education (or equivalent) in an appropriate Manufacturing / Engineering subject, OR suitable proven experience in a relevant role
- Experience of working in highly regulated Precision Machining / Quality Engineering in a management / supervisory role
- Proven leadership and communication skills
What’s nice to have?
- Experience in an ISO Accredited facility such as ISO 9001 / AS9100
- Chartered Quality Institute (CQI) Institute of Quality Management (IQM), or similar Quality qualifications
- Lean manufacturing experience and other manufacturing quality tools such as SPC, Process Validation, Risk Analysis (FMEA), FAIR etc
- Proven experience of effectively implementing continuous improvement and lean manufacturing methodologies, including problem solving, root cause analysis and 8d
If you’re interested in joining a team that pride themselves on their manufacturing processes and are wanting to take charge of quality levels within an engineering environment, apply now for consideration or speak with Gail at KPJ Group for more information.
KPJ Group are a specialist Recruitment Consultancy with more than 40 years of experience delivering staffing solutions. We treat each application with a high degree of care however due to the high volume of applications are sometimes unable to contact all individuals. If you do not hear from us within 5 days of submitting your application, please assume that unfortunately you have not been shortlisted.