Our Client has been providing healthcare and risk management solutions to clients around the world since 1992, offering bespoke services to clients who want control over their health, travel and risk provision. Many thousands of people posted overseas with the UK Government work hard to represent the country’s interests.
We are looking for a diligent, polite and empathetic nurse who can deliver the highest levels of customer service, problem solve and work calmly under pressure.
Working in a dynamic and fast paced specialist team, nurses remotely case manage the medical requirements and care plans for UK Government employees, and their dependants, who are posted overseas, according to NHS guidelines.
Key Activities of a Nurse (RN)
The role is extremely diverse and covers:
- Pre-posting screening assessments
- Travel vaccination requirements
- Providing medical advice, which may require liaising with one of our in-house GPs
- Case managing from initial consultation to discharge
- Developing care plans for pre-existing conditions, taking into account local facilities, nature of case and cost of care
- Organisation and support of repatriation or evacuation, including patient care and travel/accommodation for dependants, whilst considering any limitations of travel for sick/injured individuals
- Assessing each case taking into account; medical need; local facilities; time remaining at post, age of patient, and the cost of care along with Health and Welfare/NHS guidelines.
- Review of all medical reports received to ensure recommendations are assessed and a management care plan put in place, aligned with NHS guidelines
- Arranging medical referrals, appointments and reviews, as necessary
Please note that this is an office based role and there are no night shifts.
Our Requirements of a Nurse (RN)
- Registered General Nurse with current NMC Pin and a minimum of 3 years relevant work experience
- Background in primary care, travel health or the military is desirable
- Demonstrable knowledge, skill and competency in the assessment and management of individual cases
- Excellent written and verbal English
- Adaptable, responsive and empathetic attitude
- Ability to act promptly when critical issues are identified, ensuring such cases are escalated as appropriate
- Knowledge and experience of working with the travel or UK government services in an advantage.