Paralegal - Family
A great opportunity for a committed Paralegal looking to follow or expand their career working within Family Law
Our client, a well-established legal firm based in the heart of Taunton, has an exciting opportunity and are looking a Paralegal to join their team. Their Family team advise on all family problems including advice on separation, divorce, dissolution of civil partnerships and other related concerns, such as arrangement for the children and the division of financial assets.
Providing paralegal and administrative assistance to the Family Department
- Meeting with clients
- Confirming instructions and advice to clients in writing
- Conducting negotiations with other parties
- Drafting court documents (including divorce applications, statements, case summaries, etc)
- Dealing with divorce, matrimonial finance and child issues, all subject to appropriate supervision
- As a Paralegal you will also assist with case planning, development and management; legal research; interviewing clients; gathering facts and retrieving information; collating and drafting documents
Hours - F/T - after probation there will also be the option to work from home a few days per week
Our client will also consider candidates who wish to work part time (21 hours per week)
A competitive salary is on offer
You will be organised, have strong client care and communication skills. You will need to be able to prioritise your work; to continue to work under pressure and to maintain attention to detail at all times.
The ideal candidate will have recent and consistent Family law experience within a legal environment and be able to use your initiative, both unaided and as part of a team, although support and guidance will be provided. You will be expected to demonstrate common sense and not to undertake tasks beyond your level of experience, without seeking guidance.
Due to the nature of the role, you will require a Law Degree and a real interest and commitment to work within Family Law
You will need good technical competence within Microsoft Office applications. Training on their case management system will be provided.
If you have the skills and are interested, apply now!