We are currently seeking an experienced buyer for our client in Trowbridge.
As a Buyer your role will involve purchasing quality indirect and direct products and materials in a timely manner, helping to maintain efficiencies and meet production requirements.
As a Buyer will gain an understanding of our client’s target market and analyse trends to make informed buying decisions.
This important role will provide support to the Procurement Manager and Goods In Coordinator, helping with projects as and when required.
The procurement team’s goal is to reduce overall stock holding, whilst ensuring purchased stock follows the five rights of purchase: price, place, quality, quantity, and time.
- Preparation and issue of purchase orders for the supply of services, goods and materials
- Obtaining quotes, analyse and negotiating prices with suppliers
- Expediting orders and chasing outstanding deliveries
- Maintain accurate due dates on Kinetic and advise Procurement Manager of any delays or discrepancies
- Completing any invoice queries in a timely manner
- Booking in stock and processing delivery notes
- Analysing cycle count data and investigating stock discrepancies
- Transferring stock between multiple sites
- Supporting the Procurement Manager with purchasing activities
- Help to develop a new Kinetic system in line with purchasing processes and procedure
The ideal candidate will have at least 1-year experience in a purchasing role, ideally within a manufacturing environment. Be able to demonstrate commercial awareness, together with the ability to make decisions. You must have a natural ability to build relationships, and show great interpersonal skills, particularly in negotiating. You will have strong analytical skills and a creative mindset.
Hours: Monday to Friday 07:30 to 16:00 or 08:30 to 17:00