Our major client has plants locally and globally and are going through a period of unprecedented growth, with an order book at record levels.
As they are continuing to develop and release exciting new products and pursue high growth plans, they are looking for a number of buyers at various levels to join their UK purchasing team.
Key elements of the role
- Ensure that materials are purchased at the most competitive prices and within the required timescales
- Propose new suppliers and work with all suppliers at an early stage
- Work on NPI projects
- Liaise with internal engineers and other stakeholders
- Monitor and develop supplier performance
Whilst some purchasing experience is required, particularly for the more senior roles, consideration will be given to candidates with good commercial awareness, looking to change direction.
To be successful in these roles you will:
- Have a sense of urgency and determination to succeed
- Be able to operate in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- Be resilient, adaptable and open to change
- Have the ability to present solutions rather than reasons why things cannot be done
- Possess strong communication skills with the ability to liaise at all levels
- Be able to work well within a team, support and drive others where needed
Attractive salaries are on offer together with generous benefits.
Flexible working hours are on offer and the working environment is modern and comfortable with good facilities such as a canteen and on site gym.