Regional Operations Manager
We are currently recruiting for one of our clients, a successful and highly accredited Service and Installation business, based in Whyteleafe, who have been trading for almost 50 years and are leaders within their industry. They are currently looking for a Regional Operations Manager to join their team, who’ll be responsible for the Regional Operations team and cover the South of England. You will be working in a fast-paced environment, where your priorities will be ever changing.
Salary: £45,000 plus £5,000 bonus
Hours of Work: Flexible to meet the demands of the role
Benefits: onsite parking, £550 monthly car allowance, pension, cycle to work scheme, a technology scheme, 25 days holiday + 8 bank holidays (annual leave entitlement also increases with length of service too), as well as a childcare voucher scheme.
Purpose of role
- To have full responsibility for the operational profitability of the defined region, the development of the regional structures, effective staffing and the professional development of the Region.
- To manage all operational activities covering site engineering and all other works for the regional office to ensure that the business activity is efficient and effective in accordance with Company Policies, processes and agreed targets.
- To ensure that all operations are carried out within the scope of the company quality policy and all respective accreditations.
- To escalate any urgent or potentially serious issues with immediate effect to your line manager.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Overall day-to-day management of operational delivery within the defined region.
- Development of both maintenance and project opportunities in the defined region.
- Development of the engineering department in conjunction with the national administration / operations and engineering performance management.
- Provision of up-to-date sales order forecasts within the defined region.
- To effectively account manage existing accounts (as allocated), to include the development of opportunities and identification of risks and staff requirements.
- Personnel management to include recruitment, training and development, annual performance reviews and disciplinary actions where necessary.
- To work with the SMT and group systems with respect to the monthly P&L and forecasting for the region.
- To include / ensure provision of accruals in conjunction with project engineers and service administrators where necessary. To work within the current company ISO 9001: 2008 quality control framework.
- To develop the customer retention within the defined region. This will require personal account management and to work closely with sales / service / directors to ensure service contract retention and growth.
- To work closely with the sales director / BDMs and local staff to identify areas of improvement, potential problems and new work potential.
- Be responsible for all Health & safety matter for the defined region.
- As a member of the SMT you will be required to support and, in some cases, manage a bespoke project. This may include the implementation of a new process, system or initiative.
- Ensuring Regional quality of work, customer service and development of the service base.
- The provision of a regional report (as exists but to be developed).
- To assist in the process of producing and managing monthly P&L forecasts.
- Maximising performance through the effective management, development and support of staff.
- Regional operational KPIs, their provision for monthly reports and monitoring of with the company engineering development manager, sales manager and regional director. This needs to be proactive to reach company objectives.
- Profitability of region in its entirety.
Scope Of Financial Authority
- Authorise expenditure on customer sites and projects provided that an order exists to undertake this work at approved margins
- To authorise engineers to purchase equipment necessary to complete projects in a timely manner
- Forward planning and project management with the ability to organise and reprioritise sometimes under pressure
- A systematic approach to solving complex problems
- Well-developed people management skills in relation to both office and field-based staff
- Attentive to detail and able to identify errors swiftly. Actively manage operations reducing errors and maximising opportunities
- Highly effective verbal communication
- Professional and high level of interpersonal skills at all levels
- Able to deal with all members of staff, clients and suppliers in a professional manner
- In depth knowledge of the fire alarm industry (FIA Units (phone number removed) and relevant British standards.
- Knowledge of Contract Law including standard forms of contract.
- Be fully conversant with BS5839 Pt1, 6, 8, BS6266 and equivalent.
For your information
*Interested? Please send your CV in as a Word format only
**Please only apply if you are already eligible to work in the UK (indefinitely & without sponsorship)
***Not for you but you know someone suitable? Take advantage of the YourRecruit paid referral fee
Due to the large numbers of responses we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role and if you haven't heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies. YourRecruit Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.