Purchase Ledger Clerk
A construction business based in York is currently recruiting for a Purchase Ledger Clerk to join their team on a permanent basis. A competitive salary is on offer for this role of up to �23,000 depending on experience, alongside up to 34 days holiday (including bank holidays), which rises to 37 with service. This is a great opportunity to join a friendly finance team with benefits including a modern office and work environment, alongside the potentiality of working from home in the future, once settled.
Reporting into the Management Accountant, key responsibilities will include:
- Process purchase invoices and other transactions
- Make payments to suppliers, as required
- Reconcile control accounts and supplier statements
- Run reports and share these across the business, as necessary
- Respond to queries from employees/suppliers and resolving any problems, where appropriate
- Day-to-day running of the Purchase Ledger function and other ad hoc duties within the wider Finance Team
To be successful in this Purchase Ledger Clerk position you must:
- Have previous experience in a Purchase Ledge/Accounts Payable role or have general finance experience (advantageous)
- Have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Have experience using software such as SAP, Xero, SAGE or similar
We are ideally looking to speak with individuals with Purchase Ledger, Accounts Payable, Sales Ledger, Accounts Receivable or Credit Controller experience. You may be in a role like this already or in an Accounts Assistant, Accounts Admin or Administrator, Finance Assistant or Finance Office role looking for a new challenge. You could also be an AAT/ACCA/CIMA studier looking for a role to complement your qualification and previous experience.
This role is based on the outskirts of York city centre and is easily commutable from across York, Tadcaster, Pocklington, Wheldrake, Heslington, Stamford Bridge, Market Weighton and surrounding areas, especially with the hybrid working aspect. There is also free car parking on-site. The offices also easily accessible via public transport by bus.
To be considered for this role, please apply now or get in touch for a confidential conversation today.
Castle Employment is an award-winning recruitment company based in Scarborough, Leeds and York. With over 50 years of experience, we deliver a market leading service building long-term relationships with our candidates. We offer an honest, straightforward approach, tailored to deliver exactly what our candidates need.
Castle Employment provides temporary, permanent and contract employment opportunities throughout Yorkshire and the UK. Our highly experienced team of consultants are all specialists within their field of recruitment and have a thorough understanding and knowledge of their roles ensuring that they can deliver a perfect match for your career aspirations.
At Castle Employment Group, we recognise and appreciate the value of high-quality candidates - so only right that we reward the people who introduce them to us.
Simply refer a friend to us, and if we find them a temporary or permanent position we will reward you with a shopping voucher to spend on yourself.