Lead Electrical Engineer
Electrical Engineering Lead position in the Electrical Engineering group designing industrial power systems for industrial gas and process plants. The Electrical Engineering group is responsible for designing, specifying, purchasing, and commissioning the electrical distribution equipment and large motors associated with cryogenic, hydrogen, cogeneration, and process gas plants.
1. Lead an electrical engineering and design team on large scale projects containing multiple process units with multiple execution strategies from various global design centers. Position requires ability to manage and coordinate with overall project management team, other functional discipline teams, and project engineering managers to maintain budget and schedule to meet functional execution strategy.
2. Development of electrical single line diagrams and overall plant electrical distribution systems.
3. Coordination with utility and/or customer to develop required power for operating plants.
4. Specifying and purchasing key electrical equipment such as medium and low voltage switchgear and motor control centers, transformers, VFD's, UPS systems, DC systems, etc. Responsibilities include writing purchase specifications, evaluating quotations, performing technical bid evaluations, vendor document review, and factory acceptance testing.
5. Specifying large induction and synchronous motors and starting systems including reduced voltage autotransformers, reactor start, electronic soft-start/VFD/LCI, etc.
6. Specifying and integrating gas turbine and steam turbine generators for co-generation within process plants.
7. Performing electrical system studies including short circuit, load flow, transient motor start, protection relay coordination, and arc flash, and creating appropriate protective device settings.
8. Provide start-up and commissioning support for electrical distribution equipment and motors.
- BS Degree in Electrical Engineering with a minimum of 25 years' experience in design of industrial electrical power systems.
- Professional Engineer license is required.
- Computer literate and experienced in the use of SKM Power Tools, MS Word, and MS Excel.
- Candidate must be self-motivated, able to work with a minimum level of supervision and accept a high degree of personal responsibility for results.
- Able to work within a matrix engineering team environment and communicate effectively with team members, project managers and customers.
- Candidate must have the ability to self-execute all electrical engineering and oversee design within a given project as well as lead a team of electrical engineers and designers on larger, more complex projects.
This position requires the ability to lead and manage a technical team and lead all aspects of executing large electrical distribution systems for complex, multiple process unit projects. This position also requires knowledge and application of switchgear, motor control centers, transformers, motors, and generators used in industrial power systems as well as the ability to prepare and interpret specifications related to such equipment. The applicant must have knowledge and experience in performing detailed power system engineering studies. Experience in process instrumentation and controls, air conditioning, telecommunications, PLC's, and electronic circuits is not applicable to this position.