At UnitedHealthcare, were simplifying the health care experience, creating healthier communities and removing barriers to quality care. The work you do here impacts the lives of millions of people for the better. Come build the health care system of tomorrow, making it more responsive, affordable and equitable. Ready to make a difference? Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
This role will be directly responsible for ensuring the accuracy of individual claim calculations as well as key financial reporting within the Financial Protection claims organization under Specialty Benefit Operations. Working with a team, this leader amongst his/her peers will be accountable for driving optimization of accuracy of claims calculations along with daily reporting deliverables.
Youll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely * from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Review individual claims calculations for accuracy including, but not limited to over/underpayment recalculations, taxability determinations, calculating benefit amounts, etc.
- Reconcile, analyze, and review daily, quarterly and annual reporting provided to payroll vendor, ADP
- Review daily reports transmitted to internal & external systems to ensure appropriate claim payments and reporting are executed
- Manage all aspects of claims financial tie out process
- Work directly with all supporting claims platforms
- Prepare documentation in support of external & internal audits
- Apply knowledge and skills to identify areas & provide recommendations for process improvements
- Serve as a primary financial accuracy resource for claims partners
- Perform ad hoc reporting & analysis while investigating issues providing explanations & interpretation
- All aspects of month end & quarterly end close process for assigned business groups within Financial Protection
- Provide redundancy backup for additional areas within the team
Youll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelors degree in accounting, Finance or equivalent experience
- 1+ years of financial and/or accounting experience
- Basic understanding of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and financial statements
- Advanced level of proficiency with MS word, excel and other financial tools
- Proven communicates in an effective manner to develop relationships with both internal and external business partners
- Demonstrates the drive & motivation to deliver high quality results based on thorough analysis
- Proven possesses sound business knowledge and solid decision-making skills
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, or Washington Residents Only: The salary range for California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island or Washington residents is $56,300 to $110,400 per year. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, youll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Groups Telecommuter Policy
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyoneof every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and incomedeserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.