Senior Systems Engineer, DevOps
Purpose of the Position:
The Senior Systems Engineer, DevOps is responsible for the systems implementation and management of IT cloud systems in support of day to day 24x7 IT operations. The Senior Systems Engineer is responsible for assisting and / or leading in the requirements gathering, designing, testing, implementation, operational support, and re-engineering evaluation for enterprise technical solutions for client.
The Senior Systems Engineer reports to the Senior Manager, IT Engineering
- Provides technical leadership, hands-on implementation skills, and extensive troubleshooting skills for complex infrastructure and day to day IT operations support of operating system and application issues.
- Efficient in quickly accessing and appropriately escalating technical concerns.
- Proactively troubleshoots and implements solutions to ensure that all cloud systems, products, and services meet organization standards and end-user requirements.
- Proactively plan and implement remediations for potential performance issues within the cloud infrastructure.
- Ability to participate in a rotational 24/7 on call responsibility
- Ensure the safety of Information Systems Assets and to protect systems from intentional or inadvertent access or destruction.
- Proactively monitor cloud environments to ensure proper scaling.
- Train team members on aspects of cloud implementations, maintenance, and controls.
- Keep apprised of new trends in technology with inclusion of best of breed products for in both Cloud and On-Prem solutions.
- Provide knowledge transfer for implementation and troubleshooting of corporate cloud technologies.
- Serves as a liaison or technical resource for others in IT or to partners within other business units.
- Participate in documentation and planning of business continuity procedures to ensure smooth failover of the datacenter to alternate locations including cloud infrastructures.
- Assist in conducting periodic testing of business continuity processes and review of business units plans to verify technology related needs.
- Effectively communicate with both technical and non-technical staff as appropriate.
- Assist in developing IT standards and procedures for cloud implementations.
- Participates in IT Security assessments, risk analysis and reporting.
- Responds to requests for information on IT company policies, practices, guidelines and standards.
- Weighs business needs against other concerns and articulates issues to management.
- Develops and documents standard configurations, build and support processes and FAQs.
Support Institutional Initiatives
- Keep current on institutional goals, objectives, and progress
- Engage in institutional sponsored activities and initiatives as appropriate
- Lead with courage in support of change initiatives that impact organization
- Manages and assists in coordinating efforts between departments within UMA
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or other technical field, or relevant work experience.
- Minimum 3 years' experience implementing IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS solutions in a cloud environment
- Minimum 3 years' experience performing diagnostics and capacity planning with IaaS, SaaS, and PaaS products
- Minimum 3 years working in a DevOps environment
- Minimum 3 years implementing cloud and on premises solutions utilizing CI/CD processes
- Minimum 5 years' experience in supporting day to day IT Operations on premises and cloud
- Minimum 5 years' experience implementing and migrating enterprise - wide systems to cloud infrastructures
- Minimum 5 years' experience with AD, DNS, DHCP, IIS
- Minimum 4 years' exposure working with Azure Active Directory
- Minimum 4 years creating scripts for automating process improvements
- Strong understanding of enterprise systems, application integration and the ability to quickly learn new software solutions
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge or past skills adhering to federal and/or governmental compliance requirements and regulations.
- Ability to demonstrate troubleshooting skills systemically, documentation of issues and working problems proactively out of the environment.
- Proven senior troubleshooting skills with cloud infrastructure, and disaster recovery methodologies
- Strong knowledge of VBScript, PowerShell, or other scripting / integration languages in a Cloud and Windows 2012+/Windows 7+ environments
- Advanced knowledge of DevOps processes, procedures and best practices
- Advanced knowledge of CI/CD implementations
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Azure cloud services is required
- Advanced knowledge of Active Directory, Group Policy, Networking, Security and Windows Server, and other Microsoft, and third-party enterprise technologies
- Excellent customer service and work prioritization skills.
- Experience developing and adhering to operational processes and procedures.
- Ability to write operational and application documentation.
- Strong attention to detail, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Team player, flexible and able to work in a fast-paced environment with changing requirements.
- Strong sense of urgency and desire to work in a fast paced, high-growth organization.
- Establishes and maintains effective inter-departmental working relationships with all constituents within the IT department, technical and non-technical customer contacts.
- High level of commitment to success, attention to detail and work ethic
- Strong knowledge of information technology infrastructure and networking
- Works well independently with moderate supervision.
- Quick learner and self-starter.
- Able to professionally communicate in verbal and written English
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and other business tools such as Skype and Microsoft Teams
- Able to support a diverse and inclusive work environment
Ability to work full-remote, on-site, or a hybrid attendance model.
- Microsoft Certifications (MCSE)
- Minimum 3 years' experience in designing/documenting (Visio)/deploying/testing business continuity plans for corporate cloud infrastructures
- Minimum 5 years' experience maintaining systems deployed in private and hybrid cloud configurations
- Minimum 4 years' experience working with Active Directory Federation Services
- Minimum 4 years' experience administering Microsoft Office 365
- Knowledge of ITIL framework, Strict Change Management, and Quality Assurance