Field Engineer (Geotechnical)
Our client, a reputable design-build geotechnical contractor is seeking a traveling Geotechnical Field Engineerto add to their team. The ideal candidate will have 0-2 years of geotechnical construction experience and will have a basic knowledge of geotechnical construction equipment and techniques. If you are newly graduated with a Civil, Structural, or Geotechnical engineering degree and want to jumpstart your career with a reputable contractor, you are also encouraged to apply!
FIELD ENGINEER RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides technical, quality control and administrative support to Superintendents, Project Managers, and Construction Managers on jobsites
- Reviews and interprets civil, structural and geotechnical construction documents
- Performs and manages field quality control tests and production records
- Runs small work crews (technical tasks like water testing, load testing, etc.)
- Performs basic field surveys, prepares sketches to support construction work
- Set up plans and schedules for work by establishing goals and priorities for daily work and long range goals
FIELD ENGINEER QUALIFICATIONS
- 0-2 years experience
- Basic understanding of geotechnical principles
- Basic knowledge of geotechnical construction equipment and techniques (i.e. drawings,specifications, building materials, surveying, design, or geotechnical work)
- Proficient with MS Word, Excel and Outlook, familiar with AutoCAD
- Bachelor's or Masters degree in Civil, Structural, or Geotechnical
- Ability to travel to project sites in Mountain West
Get in with a well-established and innovative company that offers a very rewarding compensation package within a supportive, growth-oriented environment.
Please contact **Christi Shelton directly at **605-501-4725 or email me at **firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on this position. All qualified candidates will be contacted and given further information. All inquiries are CONFIDENTIAL!
Companies: If your team needs any position(s) filled I can also assist in presenting qualified talent. Reach out for a consultation today!
Tags: geotechnical engineering, deep foundation, geotechnical, ground improvement, earth retention, retaining walls, soil sampling, bearing capacity, design-build, drilled shafts, driven piles, augercast, drilled displacement, rock anchors, dynamic compaction, rigid inclusions, compaction grouting, pressure grouting, geohazard, geohazard mitigation, rockfall mitigation, landslide repairs, grouting, displacement piles, continuous flight auger pile, cast-in-drilled-hole pile, drilled shafts, driven piles, micropiles, sheet piles, partial displacement piles, augercast piles, cutter soil mixing, marine foundations, cofferdams, secant pile walls, pile cap and grade beam systems temporary access bridges
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, age, color, sex (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws or regulations.
GPAC (Growing People and Companies) is an award-winning search firm specializing in placing quality professionals within multiple industries across the United States since 1990. We are extremely competitive, client-focused and realize that our value is in our ability to deliver the right solutions at the right time.