Industrial Maintenance Electrician
Do you have a spark for tinkering with electrical and mechanical components? We have an opening in our state-of-the-art facility for a Industrial Maintenance Electrician in Cary, NC. You will be partnering with Operations, Quality Food Safety, and Environmental Health and Safety personnel. Are you passionate, do you love problem-solving; are you eager to shape a strong future for our company and your career? Were hoping you can take a new angle on what otherwise might be ordinary. Feel grounded in knowing we foster creativity. This is an Overnight Shift position, 6 pm-6 am working on a 2-3-2 12-hour schedule with every other weekend off. The hourly rate is $28.80. We are also offering a $3,000 sign-on bonus.
Want to be a part of The Cheez-It Institute and help in determining which flavors of Cheez-It are Ready or Not Ready? Join our Cary, NC facility, the home of our Cheez-It since 1921, and recipients of the State of North Carolina Voluntary Protection Program (VPP) Star Certification. Come be a part of our knowledgeable workforce which is made of a diverse culture where 48 countries are represented. Ready to hear about our Square Roots?
HERES A TASTE OF WHAT YOULL BE DOING
- Maintaining Equipment and Amplifying your PLC knowledge-You will be constantly alternating in between troubleshooting, preventative maintenance, and on-the-spot machine repair. You will need a firm focus and understanding of programmable logic controllers. This person must be creative in their solutions without being unclear in their documentation.
- Analyzing Conditions and Providing Solutions -Identifying and examining production equipment failures to understand root cause analysis, with the help of interpreting schematics and drawings. Investigating and repairing electrical & mechanical systems such as pneumatics, drives and hydraulics, and conveyors.
- Prioritizing Innovation and Communication -Actively seeking ways to improve plant efficiency and cost savings and maintaining an open dialogue with lead and supervisor regarding day-to-day activities
YOUR RECIPE FOR SUCCESS
- High School diploma or GED
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Demonstrated knowledge of behavior-based safety systems
- Sitting, standing, walking, lifting, and/or repetitive tasks throughout the day. The employee will be required to occasionally lift up to 50lbs
After you apply, your application will be reviewed by a real recruiter not a bot. This means it could take us a little while to get back with you so watch your inbox for updates. In the meantime, visit our How We Hire page to get insights into our hiring process and how to best prepare for a Kellogg interview.
If we can help you with a reasonable accommodation throughout the application or hiring process, please email USA.Recruitment@kellogg.com.
ABOUT KELLOGG COMPANY
Kellogg Company is a multibillion-dollar company with over 30 thousand employees all over the globe. We are proud to make delicious foods that people love foods that you grew up with like Frosted Flakes, Cheez It, Eggo, Pop-Tarts, Crunchy Nut, Pringles, as well as innovative foods such as MorningStar Farms, RX bar, and Noodles. Our KValues and BetterDays commitments are at the core of who we are, what we believe and what brings us together. Were proud to say weve been awarded with Fortunes Worlds Most Admired Companies, DiversityIncs Top 50 Companies for Diversity, Newsweeks Most Loved Workplaces, and many more awards that you can check out here.
Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion has been part of our DNA since the beginning. Clearly stated in our Code of Ethics, we have respect for individuals of all backgrounds, capability and opinions. We believe that equity is more than leveling the playing field. It is making sure barriers, both tangible and intangible, are removed. Interested in the numbers? We hold ourselves accountable with our yearly Features report.
Kellogg is proud to offer industry-competitive Total Health benefits (Physical, Financial, Emotional, and Social) that vary depending on region and type of role. Be sure to ask your recruiter for more information!
THE FINER PRINT
The ability to work a full shift, come to work on time, work overtime as needed and the ability to work according to the necessary schedule to meet job requirements with or without reasonable accommodation is an essential function of this position.
Kellogg Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer that strives to provide an inclusive work environment, a seat for everyone at the table, and embraces the diverse talent of its people. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information regarding our efforts to advance Equity, Diversity & Inclusion, please visit our website here.
Where required by state law and/or city ordinance; this employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employees Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. For additional information, please follow thislink.
Lets create the future of food,