Internal Audit Manager
Assists in developing the operational audit program and executing the enterprise risk management and risk assessment processes, while driving all phases of prioritized operational audits.
Core areas will include managing, leading and executing complex technology and operational audits. Additionally, as required, may assist with the ongoing development of the SOX program.
- Assist in development and execution of the annual plan including linking strategic initiatives of the Company to key audit and technology risks.
- Understand business changes and adapt the audit plan throughout the year.
- Lead audit engagements with a focused lens on risk over financial reporting, information technology, operational and compliance processes.
- Work with business process leaders and controls owners to identify solutions, improve work processes and strengthen controls
- Perform regular, periodic follow-up on audit issues and recommendations to evaluate the adequacy of corrective actions.
- Advise the business on initiatives, such as system implementations and reviews of policies and procedures.
- Identify and maintain leading edge knowledge and audit techniques to improve the audit process and results.
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal stakeholders, management, and external auditors.
Specific Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Knowledge and experience with professional standards, including COBIT, COSO and US GAAP.
- Excellent relationship building skills and a highly professional "client service orientation"
- Ability to position oneself as a strategic partner to assist audit stakeholders in meeting company objectives.
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or other related field.
- 6+ years of experience in internal or external audit including process, systems, operational, SOX, financial, compliance, attestation in a Big 4 consulting or large global public company or a combination thereof required.
- Relevant professional certifications, such as CPA, CIA or CISA.