Assistant Director of Nursing - ADON - Inpatient Psychiatric
A-Line Staffing is recruiting for a full time permanent Assistant Director of Nursing - ADON Inpatient Psychiatric position in Cincinnati, OH. They are offering a generous compensation and a full benefit package.
Assistant Director of Nursing- ADON - Inpatient Psychiatric
Salary - hourly - negotiable
4 - 10 hour night shifts
7:00 pm - 5:00 am
likely 7 on 7 off
Working every other weekend
Full benefit package
Inpatient geriatric Psychiatric facility
Reports to Director of Nursing
The Assistant Director of Nursing Services, or ADON, oversees and manages the work and services provided by the nursing staff. Under the supervision of the Director of Nursing (or DON), the ADON may be responsible for a variety of administrative responsibilities such as hiring and training staff, scheduling and departmental budgeting.the medical and administrative systems. Has a key role providing input to the hospitals management team in planning, policy formulation, and administrative decision making with particular reference to the role, functions, and operations of the hospital's nursing services. Is responsible for patient care, management, resource management, and fiscal management. The ADON will work closely with the DON to improve the quality of patient care and services provided by your team. In the absence of the DON, you will oversee the entire team ensuring quality customer service and compliance with all federal, state and local rules and regulations, as well as the policies and procedures set by the company.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assist in overseeing the clinical care provided to acute and psychiatric patients to assure that the high standard of care as determined by the company mission, vision and values is achieved.
2. The ADON must efficiently and effectively plan, organize, direct and help implement a comprehensive institution-wide nursing program
3. Facilitates cooperative efforts of all disciplines as it relates to patient care.
4. Maintains established departmental policies, procedures and objectives, quality assessment and improvement programs, and safety, environmental and infection control standards.
5. Helps directs the implementation of an effective, ongoing program to measure, analyze, and improve the quality of nursing care, treatment and services.
6. Works collaboratively with DON to evaluate data and implement change to improve Quality Indicators and Quality Measures scores. Develops, implements, monitors and adapts quality measures for AH program to ensure patient/customer satisfaction and clinically appropriate treatment outcomes.
7. Maintains the standards of nursing practice within the institution.
8. Assists in assigning staff, evaluating performance, and making recommendations for personnel actions.
9. Helps investigates and assesses new products. In-service all new equipment and products to appropriate staff. Assists in the implementation and use of standardized equipment and procedures throughout the facility whenever possible. Assists with care and maintenance of patient care equipment and supplies.
10. Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, research activities, in-service meetings and workshops.
11. Maintains and demonstrates current knowledge of techniques, guidelines and regulations. Interprets relevant laws, policies and standards for effective and accurate implementation.
12. Attends meetings as required. Participates in medical, administrative and educational, hazardous waste, safety, wellness, pharmacy and therapeutics, integrated care and infection control committees as designated.
13. Reviews all Incident Reports from acute units for completeness.
14. Communicates key information to associates and colleagues in an effort to enhance teamwork to achieve the necessary change and adaption to the healthcare environment.
15. Help to provides liaison with physicians to improve the clinical function and efficiency of service delivery.
16. Demonstrates knowledge and respects patient, service provider, organizational confidentiality and HIPAA Security procedures and protocols. Follows established HIPAA procedures when using and/or disclosing protected health information. Maintains and protects patients rights under the HIPAA Privacy Standards
17. Maintains a professional approach with confidentiality. Assures protection and privacy of health information as attained through written, electronic or oral disclosures.
18. Displays concern and initiative. Is resourceful and calm in emergencies.
19. Is prompt and efficient with minimal absences.
20. Cooperates and maintains good rapport with nursing staff, medical staff, other departments, and visitors.
21. Seeks guidance and remains knowledgeable of, and complies with, all applicable federal and state laws, as well as hospital polices that apply to assigned duties.
22. Complies with hospital expectations regarding ethical behavior and standards of conduct.
23. Complies with federal and hospital requirements in the areas of protected health information and patient privacy.
Education: BSN preferred.
Experience: Five years of clinical and/or managerial experience in an acute care psychiatric setting is also preferred
Licensure: Registered Nurse by the State of Ohio. BLS and Crisis Prevention Intervention certifications within six months.
Skills: Demonstrates competence to participate in interdisciplinary formulation of individual treatment plans; to give skilled nursing care and therapy; and to direct, monitor, and evaluate the nursing care furnished. Excellent communication, leadership and mentoring skills. Ability to implement programs, policies and procedures, etc. that are necessary for providing quality care and maintaining a sound business operation. Ability to follow all applicable policies and procedures, current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines and regulations that govern long-term care. Experience with Microsoft Office programs. Skilled and experienced in budgets, finance, human resource, and all other managerial level functions.
Although, an administrator, at times this position may have to participate in direct patient care and to monitor the work of the nursing staff. The ADON may have to go on rounds with the nursing and physician staff, which will require standing, for long periods of time, throughout the day. The employee may be exposed to blood borne pathogens, infectious diseases, and other hazardous wastes, (i.e. Hepatitis, Aids, Tuberculosis). Proper precautions will be taught and provided by the hospital. Normal office environment while in the administrative office. Will also be exposed to elements of wind, rain and snow with regular commuting to various hospital functions, customers, physicians offices, and various community businesses. The position requires a considerable amount of walking, stooping, pulling, lifting, feeling, hearing, and repetitive motions. Ability to move quickly in response to physician and patient needs, to stand for long periods, occasional overhead and low reaching, and to exert force of up to 50 lbs. occasionally, up to 20 lbs. frequently and/or up to 10 lbs. constantly. Patient care activities may require the ability to lift of up to 30 lbs. constantly, up to 40 lbs. occasionally and up to 100 lbs. rarely.
Seeks guidance and remains knowledgeable of, and complies with, all applicable federal and state laws as well as regulations and hospital policies that apply to assigned duties. Complies with hospital expectations regarding ethical behavior and standards of conduct. Complies with federal and hospital requirements in the areas of protected health information and patient privacy. Some duties may be reassigned and other duties may be assigned as required in the hospital's sole discretion.
The company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, marital status, status as a covered veteran, or membership in any other protected class, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. The company complies with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
For immediate consideration please reply directly to this posting. A-Line Staffing Roxanne Berendt cell# 586-256-1110