Director - Business Development (CDMO)
We are looking to grow business development activities across North America to support our CDMO offerings across the globe. Seeking a confident high-caliber individual with passion and high adaptability to diversity to leverage in our capabilities and enhance the overall revenue. This customer-facing role conveys the value offer comprised of our small molecule manufacturing capabilities, process R&D, validation, and analytical development.
Leading pharmaceutical CDMO company that provides global pharmaceutical companies with innovative, reliable, and end-to-end process R&D and manufacturing services across small molecule APIs, CMC, and NCEs.
Strong talent pool of more than 1,200 scientists, of which over 300 have PhDs and the balance hold master's degrees; drawn from leading global academic institutions and industry. Our services span chemistry synthesis, in vitro and in vivo pharmacology, DMPK, analytical development and validation and data science. We offer specific/functional solutions to integrated projects across multiple therapeutic areas with a specific focus on Inflammation & Pain, Infectious Diseases, Central Nervous systems, and Oncology. Our infrastructure includes world-class chemistry and biology laboratories, AAALAC certified animal facility, electrophysiology laboratory, BSL 2 laboratory, and cGMP kilo labs and US FDA accredited manufacturing company.
- Identify and develop new CDMO business opportunities for the company. Develop marketing / business development plan for CDMO business in the target market segments and communicating the value proposition of the company.
- Deeply understand customer needs to ensure accuracy, timely response, and proposals to deliver a memorable customer experience.
- Help builds the sales process and records information in the CRM database to enable both peers and commercial leadership across the network to communicate and succeed.
- Provide voice-of-customer to internal partners and continuously build field sales opinions to evolve our value proposition of our group of companies.
- Travel to visit customers and for new business (~60% of the time). Limited travel outside of US for meetings and conferences.
- Work closely with leadership and cross-functional members of the management team to drive and implement corporate strategy and long-range planning based on current portfolio opportunities.
- Help manage budget control, revenue, and expense strategy management while keeping in mind the company's overall goal for growth.
- Develop and strengthen internal and external relationships that will lead to increased lead generation and market share.
- Expand the profile and reach of the company and its brands
- PhD in Organic Chemistry and MBA will be preferred but not necessary.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Related work experience in the CDMO/CRO industry for at least 5 years is a must.
- API manufacturing
- Ideally have an existing customer network, positive relationships, and knowledge of agreement execution from a previous CDMO business development role.
- Proficiency with CRM or customer relationship management tools.
- Formal training in a consultative or solution-based sales methodology is a plus.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, ability to communicate accessibly and concisely about product or service to outsiders, including prospective customers and clients, partners, and vendors.
- Effective organizational skills.
- Big-picture thinking.
- PhD degree in Chemistry is required; plus, MBA degree preferred, but not required.
- At least 5-7 years of field sales or business development experience in the life sciences industry.
- Customer dedication to relentlessly seek and distill solutions from complexity.
- Good knowledge of the clinical drug development process.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Mindful listener and communicator (written and oral).
San Francisco or Boston preferred
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Competitive Salary
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.