Van Driver - Per diem
🔥 Be one of the first to apply!
Want to know what makes our employees eager about going to work every day? The people we serve. Being apart of Maplewood requires passion and a desire to help others. Each employee has the ability to touch the hearts of all our seniors and be a part of something bigger than themselves. Its not just a job. Its an extraordinary life.
Maplewood Senior Living is a state-of-the-art, forward-thinking senior living provider. We offer a home-like, luxury environment for our residents, allowing them to live the good life in a safe environment. As an associate of Maplewood Senior Living, you will have the ability to make a profound difference in the lives of seniors each and every day. As we continue to grow, we are seeking Transportation Coordinator's to become part of our family. We invite you to take your first step toward a rewarding career with us!
What we offer
- Competitive wages
- Flexible shifts
- Paid training & uniforms
- Growth opportunities
- Bonus & incentive programs
- Competitive Benefits Package: including medical, dental, vision,401K, company paid time-off, life insurancepolicy, insurance deductibles and voluntaryAflac insurance for our full-time employees
- Transports community residents to and from medical appointments, activities, and shopping errands using the community owned vehicle.
- Reads the transportation schedule daily and assures all scheduled appointments can be met.
- Is flexible for unscheduled transportation needs in an emergency.
- Monitors resident activity and alerts staff when assistance is necessary to assure resident safety.
- Completes routine periodic vehicle inspection checks and informs Executive Director of any maintenance problems or safety issues that need to be addressed.
- Is thoroughly familiar with fire, missing persons, and other emergency procedures; follows community policy and procedures detailed in fire and disaster plans.
- Requires minimal supervision; is a self-starter.
- All other duties that are assigned by any member of management.
- Follows emergency procedures and understands the safety practices and procedures.
- Displays mature behavior and attitude in speech and action; demonstrates consistently pleasant demeanor, tone of voice, supports the philosophy and approach to resident care and passenger safety used by the community.
- Communicates effectively with supervisor and other staff.
- Advises supervisor and appropriate manager of any changes in physical and mental health of resident immediately.
- Must have current Class F or CDL state drivers license and clean driving record.
- Experience in a driving position preferred.
- A passion for working with seniors a plus.
- Must have ability to operate van lift.
- Ability to read, write, and speak English.
- Ability to work comfortably with residents with dementia
Maplewood Senior Living conducts pre-employment screening including background check, drug screening and reference checks
Due to Department of Public Health requirements, all candidates will be required to show valid proof of full vaccination for COVID-19 (1st vaccine, 2nd vaccine, and booster) before commencing work, unless they receive an approved exemption from Maplewood. Those who do not obtain full vaccination and booster within that time frame, without an approved exemption, will be terminated.
Licenses & CertificationsRequired
- Driver's License
- Communication Skills
- Thought Provoking: Capable of making others think deeply on a subject
- Functional Expert: Considered a thought leader on a subject
- Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
- Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractors legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)