Back to search
Commercial Plumbing Estimator
Posted 19 days ago
Do you have experience estimating commercial plumbing projects? We are looking for an experienced Commercial Plumbing Estimator to fill an immediate direct hire need in the Douglasville area. This role will have limited travel estimating projects up to around $10M. The client offers a competitive salary and potential for growth.
- Preparing estimates in Commercial/ Industrial Plumbing
- Using estimating software to prepare bids.
- Assisting with preparing project-specific proposal documents.
- Reviewing estimates and final pricing with Bid leaders.
- Ability to handle project estimate timelines.
- Communicate estimate and scopes of work to the Project Managers and Upper Management.
- Preliminary design work may be required to complete conceptual estimates.
- Analyze existing site conditions and all contract documents to help plan the scope of the project
- Develop working relationships with local material suppliers and equipment vendors to solicit accurate and current pricing of plumbing fixtures, piping, and miscellaneous material pricing.
- Provide first costs analysis and participate in life cycle analysis
- Develop a value analysis by defining alternatives to the proposed Plumbing systems, materials and equipment that are more cost efficient.
- Prepare estimates and proposals for all contract types including lump sum, GMP, Cost Plus, etc.
- Participate in estimate reviews with the design team and client.
- Participate in project hand-off to operations to ensure accurate transfer of knowledge from Preconstruction to operations.
- Assist project staff in evaluating large change orders.
- Experience in Commercial/Industrial Plumbing Estimating
- Very proficient in blueprints, submittals, and project schedules, and on screen take-offs.
- Excellent communication and written skills
- Proven organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Excel