Manages multiple areas within the accounting function as the company modernizes its accounting systems. This role will support various roles within accounting that includes: (1) the general ledger close accounting processes to ensure compliance with United States Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), (2) accounting support for organization and its subsidiaries, (3) accounts payable and disbursement processes (4) non-freight billing and collections, and other areas. This role will see multiple areas within accounting and build a great foundation for future roles within the company.
Primary Activities and Responsibilities
- Review journal entries, account reconciliations, financial statement disclosures, and other monthly close procedures in the Onestream consolidation tool for organization and other organization affiliates.
- Provide research and tie-out assistance to other departments (Investor Relations, Finance, Legal, Tax, Technical Accounting, SEC Reporting, etc.)
- Research current processes and evaluate for automation, simplification, and consistency across all companies.
- Review and assist in the procure to pay process, ensuring accuracy of payments for highly visible items such as fuel
- Review and assist with non-freight billing and collections from various entities
- Miscellaneous activities and responsibilities as assigned by manager
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Bachelor's Degree/4-year Degree from an accredited institution required in Accounting, Finance, or Business
- 5 or more years of experience in Accounting
- Graduate Degree
- 5 or more years of experience in Accounting & Reporting or public accounting
- 5 or more years of supervisory experience in Accounting & Reporting or public accounting
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Ability to perform and interpret complex analysis
- Research & project management skills
- Understanding of corporate consolidation theory and SEC reporting requirements
- Knowledge of Oracle GL & subledger systems
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management