Help Desk Specialist
SNI Technology's client located in Greeley, CO is immediately seeking to hire a Help Desk Specialist (Tier I) for an exciting contract opportunity. This temp assignment is a M-F, 40 hours per week onsite position with an expected contract duration of 6 months.
Help Desk Specialist - Tier I Support
Under general direction and guidance, the IT Helpdesk Specialist will contribute to the success of the IT department by supporting all technology service requests, incidents, and problems over the phones in a manner that adheres to the values and goals of the department. This position will be required to maintain a level of education adequate to provide such support.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Associate's degree in Computer Science or related field, plus
- 1 year experience repairing, maintaining, troubleshooting desktop computers, or
- Equivalent combination of education and/or experience (i.e., 3 years total experience)
Duties, Roles & Responsibilities:
- Handle questions via phone, email, in-person conversation, or ticket for all enterprise software systems and hardware devices maintained by IT that a client may interact with throughout their day including but not limited to, Mac and Windows laptops and desktops, iOS, Android, and Chrome devices, instructor workstations, projectors, TVs, ClickShares, Smartboards, printers, scanners, copiers, etc. Be on-call during a rotating weekly shift where phone and, in emergencies, in-person support is provided after-hours and possibly weekends. Leverage answers already discovered within our internal knowledge base documentation to keep the first call resolution percentage high, adding to the success of the department and the satisfaction of the client. Seek to identify trends or new issues that are being experienced, acquiring assistance from the supervisor or other technical experts on the campus to ensure that help can be provided, or changes can be made to avoid or solve the problem.
- Maintain constant contact with the client throughout the life cycle of their ticket, providing frequent updates and ensuring that they are aware of the status of their ticket. As troubleshooting progresses, status updates are made in the ticket. High typing proficiency, personable phone etiquette, and excellent grammatical skills are essential to convey complex technical vernacular to clients who may not be familiar with technical terms.
- Record total time worked on tickets, define and provide the final resolution, and document all issues within the ticket. Include all research, diagrams, whitepapers, technical documentation, and steps taken for resolution clearly and concisely that is readable and understandable to the average person.
- Process tickets by correctly transferring them to the according department and modify unassigned tickets to make sure they are within the correct category or department. All phone transfers need to be explained to the user and to the department the call is transferred to.
- As needed, assist the service, engineering, inventory, or other departments as additional assistance on the phone or in person may be required. This needs to be approved by the IT Service Manager before leaving the Helpdesk. Helpdesk should never be unmanned.
- At least three years of experience repairing, maintaining, and troubleshooting desktop computers and technology or equivalent combination of education and/or experience. At least one year of phone technical support experience working with customers directly.
- Must be confident, articulate, and have professional speaking abilities (and experience) when working with a student to executive-level staff.
- Possess strong commitment to team environment dynamics with the ability to contribute expertise and follow leadership directives at appropriate times.
- Thrive in a team environment and work well with others as well as independently without direction.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of a wide range of technology devices, computing hardware, and software solutions, particularly enterprise-wide software such as Gmail, Zoom, web browsers, Office suite, Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10, Android OS, OSX, and iOS.
- Basic to Intermediate knowledge of IT networking concepts, including IPv4 addresses, MAC addresses, DNS, LDAP, VPNs, subnets, ports, LANs, WANs, Ethernet, and TCP.
- Associates degree in computer science or related field or at least field plus at least two years of experience repairing, maintaining and troubleshooting desktop computers and technology. Two or more years of phone technical support experience working with customers directly.
- Current and maintained A+ certification and Apple Certified Macintosh Technician (ACMT). If the candidate does not have both certifications (A+ and ACMT), they must complete them within two years of hire (one per year) and must maintain them throughout their employment.
- Bilingual Spanish speaking
- Any other industry-standard certifications.
- Experience working in a higher education environment.
- Experience working with imaging or management tools such as MDT, Desktop Central, SCCM, JSS, etc.
The pay rate for this position is $19.55 per hour during the contractual period of the assignment.