US LBM provid es a wide range of building materials to construction prof es sionals, combining the advantag es of our national scale with the excellent service levels, expertise , entrepreneurial culture and customer relationships of our local brands.
As a people-first company, passionate ab out continuous improvement, US LBM is proud to provide our associat es acc es s to the r es ourc es , training and developmental opportuniti es to empower them to succeed today, while gro win g prof es sionally and preparing for the challeng es of tomorrow.
The Kitchen & Cabinet Design Out si de S al e s Repr es entative generat es and secur es new sales of k itchen and cabinet design to increase the profitability of the company. This position mai nt a ins existing accounts while generating new busin es s through cold calls and follo wing leads.
Es sential Job Duti es
- Promote, sell, and secure new accounts for the company.
- Provide existing accounts with nec es sary products, time, and information.
- Assist with the selection of products b es t suited to customer needs.
- Prepare, coordinate, and communicate price quotations, terms of sal es , del iv e r y dat es , and service obligations to customers/contractors.
- R es olve customer complaints and problems.
- Assist in the collection of accounts receivable.
- Coordinate project schedul es , contractor schedul es , and material del iv e r i es .
- Prepare and input orders as nec es sary.
- Informs company of competitive pric es , products, and area-related information.
- Mai nt a in current k no wledge of daily and monthly sal es and their relationship to budget and margin goals.
- R es earch and order special products as nec es sary.
- Es t i m a t e materials from blueprints supplied by customer/contractor.
- Adhere to Conflict of Inter es t or No n-Compete agreement if in place.
- Comply with Company's attendance policy by mai nt a ining regular and predictable attendance.
- Perform other duti es as assigned by location management.
K no wledge, Skills & Abiliti es
- Minimum education required -High School diploma or G.E.D.
- Minimum experience required -3 years of sal es experience in building materials or related industry.
- Special skills required -Working k no wledge of building materials industry and products, ability to negotiate pric es and contractual agreements.
- Special k no wledge required - es t i m a t ing from blueprints, ability to use calculator and computer.
- Must have valid driver's license.
- Physical demands include the ability to drive up to 50% of the time, lift up to 25 lbs. on a regular basis and 50 lbs. on a random basis, and/or work in extreme weather conditions. Sitting, stooping, bending, standing, or walking for extended periods of time.
Universal Supply Co., a Division of US LBM Holdings, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status, order of protection status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.