Crystal Clean (CC) is one of the nations leading privately held companies in the environmental waste services industry. We are seeking highly motivated individuals with a strong work ethic to join our rapidly growing company. Crystal Clean offers competitive compensation, excellent benefits, and opportunities for advancement. We are willing to provide complete training for this opportunity!
Purpose: Crystal Clean is seeking a contribution minded Senior Accountant to join our Accounting Team. Now is an exciting time to join us and become an integral part of the team that is responsible for and managing inventory, lease accounting, and ad-hoc tasks. The Senior Accountant utilizes broad accounting knowledge to contribute across multiple lines of business.
Crystal Clean is a leader in environmentally sustainable waste management, protecting the Earths Resources by helping the business world run cleaner. Our mission is to continually drive an empowered employee culture dedicated to providing premier environmentally sustainable solutions to our customers.
The role will influence, drive process, implement change, and proactively lead while demonstrating a high level of transparency, accountability, and collaboration cross-functionally. This highly visible position will create value for the business by providing accurate, timely accounting and analytical services to all business partners enabling them to make better business decisions. The knowledge and experience provided by this position create an excellent platform for continued career growth.
- Timely and accurately completes all assigned tasks necessary for the general ledger close at each period-end, quarter-end, and year-end reporting cycle
- Ensures the integrity of accounting information by recording, verifying, consolidating, and entering transactions
- Review financial reports and prepare analyses
- Timely preparation of assigned balance sheet account reconciliations
- Maintains and balances subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, and reconciling transactions and resolving discrepancies
- Assistance with various financial reporting deliverables, including those that are a component of the Companys quarterly and/or annual SEC filings (10-Q, 10-K)
- Compilation of inventory values and analysis of inventory changes including regular communication with those personnel in the field that are responsible for the physical inventory counts
- Maintain compliance and documentation of internal controls
- Collaboration with external auditors and the internal audit function regarding CCs annual audit, quarterly review, and ongoing controls testing
- Analysis of business trends and communication with product managers and other business leaders regarding financial performance on various components of CC
- Development and implementation of process improvements with the goal of reducing the time to close the books while maintaining high quality and accuracy
- Timely completion of ad-hoc project work, as assigned
Position Qualification Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The following requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Capability to conform to established schedules and deadlines
- Ability to read and comprehend detailed financial statements
- Strong written and verbal communication abilities
- Excellent attention to detail and problem solving skills.
- Present a positive image of Crystal Clean to fellow employees, external contacts, the general public
- Approximately 3-8 years of combined work experience in corporate accounting, public accounting, internal audit, financial planning & analysis, or similar fields
Education, Certificates, Licenses, or Designations:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related field
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) strongly preferred
- Strong foundation in US GAAP accounting
- The ability and desire to be a team player is crucial
- Ability to grasp new concepts quickly
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Proficient other Microsoft Office applications
- Microsoft Dynamics GP/Great Plains experience a plus
- Vena experience a plus
- Coupa experience a plus
- Strong written and oral communication skills are mandatory
Crystal Clean LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Crystal Clean expressly values diversity, equity, and inclusion, and encourages the applications of individuals from diverse backgrounds, so that Crystal Clean reflects the communities and customers that we serve.