CNC Lathe Machinist
🔥 Be one of the first to apply!
ProMach is a family of best-in-class packaging solution brands serving manufacturers of all sizes and geographies in the food, beverage, pharmaceutical, personal care, and household and industrial goods industries. ProMach brands operate across the entire packaging spectrum: filling, bottling and capping, decorative labeling, flexibles and trays, pharma, handling and sterilizing, labeling and coding, robotics end of line, and systems and integration. ProMach is headquartered near Cincinnati, Ohio, with manufacturing facilities and offices throughout North America, Europe, South America, and Asia. For more information on ProMach Careers, visitwww.ProMachCareers.com.
Modern is a leading provider of cup and tray filling solutions for the food, beverage, and dairy industries, with systems capable of filling everything from dry foods to viscous liquid products into single- and multi-serve packages. Modern designs equipment that incorporates denesting, loading, filling, foil/plastic lid sealing, and overcapping technologies for cups and trays, helping customers automate the entire front end of their packaging process with a single partner. For more than three decades, customers have put their trust in Modern systems to aid in feeding communities in all parts of the world. Modern is a product brand of ProMach, a global leader in packaging line solutions. As part of the ProMach Filling business line, Modern helps our packaging customers protect their reputation and grow the trust of their consumers. ProMach is performance, and the proof is in every package. Learn more about Modern atwww.ModernPackagingInc.comand more about ProMach atwww.ProMachBuilt.com.
Modern Packaging is seeking talented Machinists to Set-up and operate CNC Lathe machines for their Deer Park, NY location. Responsibilities include the following:
- Perform set-ups and manufacture the first piece.
- Read and understand specifications and drawings
- Perform first piece inspection
- Follow both verbal and written instructions to plan machine set up
- Select correct tools and make necessary adjustment including speeds and feeds.
- Produce high quality machined parts.
- Strictly follow all job safety requirements and procedures which include machine guarding, forklift truck and hoist operation and housekeeping requirements.
- Measure and inspect parts for quality and adherence to specifications.
- Minimum 5 years minimum machining experience including 2 years setup experience.
- Experience setting up and running CNC Lathe machines
- High School Diploma or equivalent is preferred
- Ability to communicate and have technical discussions in English
- Day shift hours are 7:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. M-F, 7:00 a.m. 12 noon Saturdays.
- Night shift hours are 5:00pm-4:00am M-F
- Overtime is often required
- Ability to read and interpret detailed blueprint drawings.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to stay organized and ensure that the work area is clean, safe and orderly.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions and well as be punctual and dependable.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to multi-task.
- Ability to perform basic math including working with and converting between fractions, and decimals.
Salary is only a part of a well-developed compensation program. As a Pro Mach employee, you receive more than just a paycheck. Total compensation includes your pay (base salary), very comprehensive medical/dental programs as well as life insurance, a generous paid time off program, a retirement savings plan with a company match and a wellness program. There is no waiting period for benefits you are eligible on your first day of employment.
Pro Mach is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Pro Mach utilizes E-Verify in all states to verify employment eligibility of new hires to work in the United States. Pro Mach is a drug-free workplace.
- 2 year(s): Setup
- 5 year(s): Machining
- Technical/other training or better
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
- Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
- Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
- Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
- Flexibility: Inspired to perform well when granted the ability to set your own schedule and goals