Honolulu, HI (Oahu)
*Position is fully onsite
Kelly is seeking a Senior Accountant to work with our client, a reputable Honolulu-based insurance organization, on a direct hire basis! This is an exciting opportunity to join the growing corporate accounting team of a company that has seen over 60 years of success!
The Senior Accountant will:
- Prepare, coordinate, and consolidate monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statement data
- Handle the preparation of routine and ad hoc reports used for management decision making
- Coordinate, prepare, and file the Company’s Quarterly and Annual Statements with insurance regulators
- Perform reconciliation of complex accounts in a timely manner and propose adjusting journal entries as needed
- Assist the Accounting Manager with preparing the quarterly federal income tax provision worksheets and related analysis as well as preparing semi-annual deferred income tax worksheets
- Coordinate the timely filing and payment of state premium tax filings processed by a third-party premium tax processor
- Provide direct supervision for one to two staff accountants
- Assist external auditors and tax preparers in preparing annual financial and tax filings
- Perform projects on an ongoing basis as required by department management
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field from an accredited college
- 3+ years of progressively responsible accounting and/or financial analyst experience and knowledge of accrual-basis accounting
- Experience with statutory accounting principles a plus
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Well-organized and attentive to detail
- Ability to analyze and solve problems
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills (must be able to communicate accounting information to all levels within the organization)
- Ability to interpret and implement policies, procedures and internal controls
- Exercise sound administrative judgement and assume responsibility for decisions, consequences, and results having financial and/or operational impact
- Ability to lead projects, work under minimum supervision, and balance multiple priorities
With Kelly, it all adds up.Youre looking to keep your career moving onward and upward, and were here to help you do just that. Our financial staffing experts connect you with top companies for opportunities where you can learn, grow, and thrive. Jobs that fit your skills and experience, and most importantly, fit right on your path of where you want to go in your career.
About KellyWork changes everything. And at Kelly, were obsessed with where it can take you. To us, its about more than simply accepting your next job opportunity. Its the fuel that powers every next step of your life. Its the ripple effect that changes and improves everything for your family, your community, and the world. Which is why, here at Kelly, we are dedicated to providing you with limitless opportunities to enrich your lifejust ask the 300,000 people we employ each year.
Kelly Services is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We welcome, value, and embrace diversity at all levels and are committed to building a team that is inclusive of a variety of backgrounds, communities, perspectives, and abilities. At Kelly, we believe that the more inclusive we are, the better services we can provide. Requests for accommodation related to our application process can be directed to Kellys Human Resource Knowledge Center.Kelly complies with the requirements of Californias state and local Fair Chance laws. A conviction does not automatically bar individuals from employment.