LeafFilter is seeking a driven and open-minded intern to join our team to assist with the execution our social media strategy. We have a growing brand that is ready to take our social efforts to the next level. This person will execute the day-to-day social media strategy and customer communication to grow our online community.
This position will play an integral role in maintaining high levels of engagement among our existing fan-base while actively looking to reach new audiences to enhance the overall digital presence of our brand. The Social Media Intern will collaborate with the communications team to engage and moderate brand conversations though our primary social channels while supporting digital marketing strategies to drive business objectives, brand awareness and customer engagement.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implement the North American social media and communications campaigns to align with overarching digital marketing strategies.
- Support our social media team to drive customer engagement, boosts brand awareness, and supports sales initiatives.
- Manage the conversation and growth of our digital communities.
- Collaborate with team members to produce, moderate, and respond to online conversations.
- Assist with analytical reporting to deliver in-depth metrics to grow and shape best practices for our social channels, including competitive analysis.
- Interact, traffic and support social media community conversation from customers, prospects, and brand followers; including conflict management
- Contribute ideas and content for blogs posts, content syndication, and in-market partnerships.
- Build relationships with customers, potential customers, influencers, industry professionals in an effort to support the development of a blogger and influencer program(s).
- Hands on experience with social media management with Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Pinterest, and YouTube
- Proven work experience as a community management
- Ability to identify a target market and speak to the consumer through social platforms.
- Utilization of emerging digital and social trends. You should also be comfortable testing new ideas and tactics on all platforms
- Experience launching community initiatives that drive brand engagement
- Ability to identify and track relevant social media and community metrics (e.g. repeat attendance at events)
- Attention to detail and ability to multitask
- Ability to work both with a team and/or individually to achieve goals, meet deadlines, etc
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment, under tight deadlines
Required Education and/or Experience:
- Minimum of 1 years experience managing a social media department working in an agency or corporate environment.
- Passion for and solid knowledge of social media.
- Knowledge of social media tools: scheduling/posting, reporting/analysis.
- Ability to be flexible with work hours.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, strong editing skills, content development, presentation.
- Highly creative and process-driven.
- Experience doing in-depth competitor analysis