Licensed Practical Nurse LPN P/T Weekends
🔥 Be one of the first to apply!
About Unity Psychiatric Care
Unity Psychiatric Care, a division of Franklin, Tennessee-based American Health Partners Inc., operates psychiatric hospitals in Memphis, Clarksville, Columbia, and Martin, Tennessee, as well as in Huntsville, Alabama. These hospitals specialize in treating geriatrics who are experiencing a mental health crisis or behavioral disturbances, including those caused by dementia. Unity Psychiatric Care is building a new 48-bed psychiatric hospital in Clarksville, Tennessee for adults slated to open soon. Services will include a full range of diagnostic evaluation and behavioral health treatments. For more information, visit UnityPsych.com.
*** 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM Weekends ***
Under general supervision, the Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) will provide a combination of nursing services, instruction, and assessments throughout the hospital; to participate in a variety of nursing assessments, direct patient care, and health education services; and to do related work as required. The LPN is accountable for the delivery of patient care within the standards, policies, procedures and guidelines set forth by Unity, CMS, and Licensure Standards.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: To perform this job, an individual must perform each essential function satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Supervise all resident/patient treatments.
- Assist physicians and the Director of Nursing in the treatment and examination of patients.
- Perform administrative duties such as documenting nurses notes, physicians orders, discharge plans, dietary changes, reports, evaluations and studies.
- Order from pharmacy, prepare and administer medications as ordered by physician.
- Conduct and monitor prescribed treatments, such as dressing changes, drawing of blood, catheter changes, NG tube insertion and removal, laboratory work, etc. as assigned.
- Perform emergency procedures such as cardiopulmonary resuscitation, and in the event of death, notify family and appropriate third parties.
- Inventory and request equipment, supplies, etc.
- Admit, transfer and discharge patients.
Required Work Experience:
- Minimum of six (6) months experience in a hospital, long term care facility or other health care institution.
- Completion of a Licensed Practical Nursing (LPN) Program
- Current State Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) license
- Position may require unscheduled overtime, week-end work
- Must be willing and able to work flexible hours
- Travel required
- Job will require frequent lifting of objects up to 50 pounds
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Our Organization does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, handicap, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran status, or any other characteristic(s) protected by federal, state, and local laws. The Organization will also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities should a request for an accommodation be made.
- Technical/other training or better
Licenses & CertificationsRequired
- Licensed Practical Nurse
- CPI Certification
- CPR Certification