Registered Nurse (Staffing School Nurse)
🔥 Be one of the first to apply!
Interim Health Care of Joliet is looking to hire a Registered Nurse to work as a SchoolNurse in the Romeoville/Bolingbrook area.
This jobwill last throughout the entire 21-22 School year and will pay up to $35 per hour.
The ideal candidate should be able to work Monday thru Friday and must be willing to take the paraprofessionaltest
Call (815) 725-9091 for more information
The School Nurse is a registered nurse who provides for the health care of preschool children, school-age children and adolescents within the school setting. The School Nurseexercises independent and interdependent decision-making with direct accountability for clinical judgment.The School Nursemay perform acts of diagnosis and treatment in accordance with protocols established between the School Nurse andSchool Health officials as allowable under state law/practice acts.
- Elicits a comprehensive health history from the patient and/or parents and caregivers, to reflect physical and emotional health, developmental/social well-being and immunization status.
- Performs health screens, physical exams, and age-appropriate developmental evaluations.
- Analyzes health history and interprets other data collected to determine health status and care needs.
- Develops, implements, evaluates, and modifies care plans, as needed, in collaboration with the client, family, school, physician, and community as applicable.
- Records all pertinent data.
- Manages acute and emergency health problems in the school context and coordinates services needed for optimal health, safety and learning.
- Participates in the implementation of a planned health education curriculum in the schools.
- Completes other assignments as requested and assigned.
- May have access to personal health information (PHI) necessary to fulfill the above duties and responsibilities. Access to use and ability to disclose PHI is further defined by each organization/department.
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements:
- Registered Nurse with active license in the state(s) in which he/she is employed.
- One (1) year experience as a School Nurse within the last five (5) years or as required by contracted employer.
- Able to provide proof of current Basic Life Support (BLS) training to include adults, infants and children.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Able to effectively communicate with clinical and non-clinical staff, children, adolescents, and adults.
- Able to work autonomously and effectively in an interdisciplinary model.
- Able to demonstrate basic understanding of computers and workplace software.
- Meets applicable health requirements to provide patient care.
Working Conditions & Physical Effort:
- Work is performed in school settings.
- Ability to physically stretch, reach, bend, stoop, twist, sit, stand, walk and climb stairs.
- Requires normal, correctable vision and hearing and the ability to identify and distinguish colors.
- Light to medium physical activity that may require occasional lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling up to 50 lbs.