Project Refrigeration Engineer - HYBRID - DIRECT HIRE/PERMANENT!
Manpower Engineering is exclusively partnering with an industry leading, well-established and growing company in the Appleton, WI Area on a highly visible and direct hire/permanent Project Refrigeration Engineer position.
This position is open due to continued growth and has very strong growth opportunities as the company continues to expand.
The company has enjoyed 87 years of success and continue to experience consistent year-over-year growth, added 100 new positions over the last few years, has an amazing culture, is looking for someone to live in the Greater Appleton, WI Area and this person will have a very flexible schedule (hybrid, Summer hours, etc.), and a very strong compensation plan (base salary, bonus, and profit sharing)full benefits package, and relocation assistance.
Lead development of optimal designs to support industrial refrigeration customers with CO2 based refrigeration solutions. Support design/build refrigeration activity with new and existing customers as assigned. Act as an engineering resource for the refrigeration department and assist with energy analysis as required.
- Evaluate options for CO2 Refrigeration systems (skidded packages, design/build etc.) and optimize designs to meet customer needs
- Act as a technical expert for the company as well as internal and external customers with regard to CO2 Refrigeration and related systems.
- Directly communicate with customers in a variety of ways to better define their needs and effectively serve them. Efficiently respond to customer requests, verbally and in writing.
- Collaborate with drafters in developing construction drawings and system P & ID's.
- Assist estimators in developing cost estimates for engineering, fabrication and construction of projects.
- Coordinate with staff to provide cost estimates, drawings, energy projections, construction schedules, etc. Facilitate letters of quotation and/or formal proposals for presentation to the customer.
- Ongoing development of engineering skill sets required for the application of refrigeration system designs, including: heat gain and loss calculations; application of appropriate systems; pipe sizing; control valve sizing; equipment selection; insulation systems; ASME code requirements; vessel sizing; product loads and calculations.
- Provide all documentation of engineering and cost estimates for turnover to project management staff for implementation of all projects sold. Documentation to include drawings, P & ID's, engineering calculations, equipment selections, installation piping details, and bid summary.
- Support and maintain a Lean work environment.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related field.
- 1+ year of experience - 5+ is preferred.
- EIT or PE or progress towards is a plus.
- Working knowledge of CO2 refrigeration, fluid flow, heat transfer, etc.
- Ability to understand, analyze and troubleshoot mechanical and refrigeration systems.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Physical ability to access job sites, including some climbing.