About Greater Lakes Mental Health
Greater Lakes Mental Health is a key component of MultiCares Behavioral Health Network, providing mental health and substance use disorder treatment for over 10,000 individuals annually across Pierce County. Providing services for adults, children, and families with Medicaid coverage, Greater Lakes offers 6 convenient mental health care locations including a 16-bed inpatient facility covering medically necessary voluntary and involuntary services to adults. Our experienced teams, veteran nurses, and robust training plans are designed to support your success and growth in facilitating recovery-oriented and trauma-informed treatment.
FTE: 1.0, Shift: Day, Schedule: Day
Benefits and Incentives
- $5,000 sign-on bonus (qualifying external candidates)
- Up to $10,000 relocation bonus (depending on the distance of move)
- Tuition assistance (100% of tuition and fees or up to $5,250)
- Incentive pay and shift differentials
- Competitive benefits package including medical, dental, and 403(b) with employer contribution
- Generous paid time off to support work/life balance
Be part of an extraordinary team
We are looking for enthusiastic and passionate people who care about making an impact on the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact? We hire people that are skilled and passionate to meet our companys mission, vision and values through outcome-based strategies which support the principles of Recovery and Trauma informed care.
Greater Lakes is mental health center that offer a variety of Mental health services for residents of Pierce county. With an affiliation with MultiCare our services include mental health treatment for Adults and Children as well as Substance Use Disorder treatment for adults, court and criminal justice programs, homeless support programs, integrated medical care and a full service pharmacy.
Greater Lakes PACT program focuses on individuals recovery, safety in the community, the promotion of wellness and independence of the individual in their residential structured setting, and the re-establishment to a higher level of social life functioning. These services are designed to support and rehabilitate individuals who are experiencing symptoms of severe mental illness that impact their ability to live in the community. Seventy-five percent or more of services are provided outside of the program office in locations that are comfortable and convenient for clients.
Position SummaryThe Mental Health Professional is an exciting clinical opportunity responsible for counseling and case management service. In this role, you will maintain a patient caseload, providing intervention within established treatment guidelines, policies and procedures. The position offers you the ability to actively advocate on behalf of your patients.
- You will provide person-centered counseling, advocacy and case management for patients
- You will develop treatment plans which clearly identify the patients voice, treatment strategies, and specific outcome measures
- You will meet agency documentation standards and authorization requirements of contracts
- You will strategically tailor effective clinical/case management services to meeting diverse patient needs
- You will contribute to the success of MultiCare expectations and core values, continuously learning, and performing other duties as needed or assigned
- Designated as a Mental Health Professional as defined in the WAC 388-865-0238 for Behavioral Health organizations required:
- A psychiatrist, psychologist, psychiatric nurse or social worker as defined in chapters 71.05 and 71.34 RCW;
- A person who is licensed by the department of health as a mental health counselor, mental health counselor associate, marriage and family therapist, or marriage and family therapist associate;
- A person with a master's degree or further advanced degree in counseling or one of the behavioral sciences from an accredited college or university. Such person shall have, in addition, at least two years of experience in direct treatment of persons with mental illness or emotional disturbance, such experience gained under the supervision of a mental health professional;
- A person who meets the waiver criteria of RCW 71.24.260, which was granted prior to 1986
- Previous experience providing mental health counseling services preferred
- Current Washington state drivers license and proof of a safe driving record (which meets established MultiCare Standards) obtained by a motor vehicle report from the appropriate state
Pay and Benefit ExpectationsWe provide a comprehensive benefits package, including competitive salary, medical, dental and retirement benefits and paid time off. As required by various pay transparency laws, we share a competitive range of compensation for candidates hired into each position. The pay scale is $61,422.00 - $88,379.00 USD. However, pay is influenced by factors specific to applicants, including but not limited to: skill set, level of experience, and certification(s) and/or education. If this position is associated with a union contract, pay will be reflective of the appropriate step on the pay scale to which the applicants years of experience align.
Associated benefit information can be viewed here.