US LBM provides a wide range of building materials to construction professionals, combining the advantages of our national scale with the excellent service levels, expertise, entrepreneurial culture and customer relationships of our local brands.
As a people-first company, passionate about continuous improvement, US LBM is proud to provide our associates access to the resources, training and developmental opportunities to empower them to succeed today, while growing professionally and preparing for the challenges of tomorrow.
Delivers materials to job site, inspects and maintains truck, reports shortages and claims to supervisor and assists in loading and storing of materials. Not a CDL driver but may require some certification depending on State law.
Essential Job Duties
- Operates Safely
- Participates in a positive work environment
- Checks orders for accuracy.
- Organizes and secures load.
- Obtains approval on all loads from supervisor for proper count and conditions of load.
- Assists in maintaining good housekeeping in yard and warehouse.
- Delivers and unloads materials to customer's satisfaction.
- Follows guidelines from supervisor.
- Completes daily equipment inspection.
- Records all merchandise that is returned by truck.
- Completes necessary paperwork such as delivery tickets and credit slips.
- Provides excellent customer service.
- Assists in unloading material returned for credit.
- Relays messages sent by customers while on job.
- Assists supervisor, other employees and other work areas, as assigned.
- Complies with all company policies and guidelines
- Participates in and completes assigned trainings.
- May be subject to DOT and FMCSA jurisdictions and restrictions.
- Typically delivers raw materials to customer.
- Other duties as assigned by Management.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Minimum education preferred - High School Diploma or general equivalency degree (GED).
- Minimum experience preferred -2 years experience driving trucks, prefer lumber dumping experience.
- Ability to do basic math, read orders, writes instructions and complete forms.
- Ability to effectively and professionally communicate with customers, other employees and supervisors using verbal and written skills.
- Ability to deal constructively with conflict and recognize potential problems.
- Knowledge and ability to use safe lifting techniques.
- Maintains current operator's license and meets company driver qualification requirements.
- Physical demands include stooping, bending, twisting and throwing. Working in a variety of climates and environmental conditions. Ability to lift up 100 lbs or more on a repetitive basis.
- Proficiency with or ability to learn current technologies (e.g. Smartphone, GPS and other necessary business applications).
KI Lumber & Building Materials , a Division of US LBM Holdings, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status, order of protection status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.