US LBM provides a wide range of building materials to construction professionals, combining the advantages of our national scale with the excellent service levels, expertise, entrepreneurial culture and customer relationships of our local brands.
As a people-first company, passionate about continuous improvement, US LBM is proud to provide our associates access to the resources, training and developmental opportunities to empower them to succeed today, while growing professionally and preparing for the challenges of tomorrow.
Delivers materials to job site, inspects and maintains truck, reports shortages and claims to supervisor and assists in loading and storing of materials. Typically, driving a truck with a capacity of more than three tons, but may be a less experienced CD L or tractor trailer driver.
Essential Job Duties
- Operates Safely
- Participates in a positive work environment
- Maintains a current Class A or B Commercial Driver's License as required
- Prepares DOT required log of time on duty and driving
- Organizes and secures load
- Assists forklift operators when loading
- Checks orders for accuracy
- Delivers and unloads materials to customers' satisfaction
- Completes daily equipment pre-inspection
- Records all merchandise that is returned by truck, assists in unloading material returned for credit
- Follows guidelines established by the Department of Transportation
- Provides Excellent Customer Service
- Relays messages sent by customers while on job
- Assists supervisor, other employees and other work areas, as assigned
- Assists in maintaining good housekeeping in yard and warehouse
- Complies with all company policies and guidelines
- Safe and efficient operation of truck mounted forklift
- Maintain cleanliness of truck
- Participates in and completes assigned trainings
- Performs other duties as assigned by Management
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Minimum education preferred - High School Diploma or general equivalency degree (GED).
- Minimum experience preferred - 6 months CD L experience preferred. Basic CD L experience with flat beds and/or tractor trailers required. 1 year CD L experience required for interstate commerce.
- Special skills required- Ability to do basic math, read orders, write instructions and complete forms.
- Ability to effectively and professionally communicate with customers, other employees and
- supervisors using verbal and written skills.
- Ability to deal constructively with conflict and recognize potential problems.
- Maintains current operator's license and meets company driver qualification requirements.
- Knowledge and ability to use safe lifting techniques
- Physical demands include stooping, bending, twisting and throwing. Working in a variety of climates and environmental conditions. Ability to lift up 100 lbs or more on a repetitive basis.
- Proficiency with or ability to learn current technologies (e.g. Smartphone, GPS and other necessary business applications)
Universal Supply Co., a Division of US LBM Holdings, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status, order of protection status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.