A major client of ours, a global consumer products company, is hiring a Market Research & Data Analyst. This role is two days in their Melville, NY office and 3 days remote. The company offers great benefits starting from day 1 that include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) Savings Plan, discretionary profit sharing, discretionary success sharing, educational assistance, recognition programs, vacation, and much more.
The Market Research & Data Analyst will be responsible for providing data and trends to marketing, sales and product teams for all imaging products to inform decision making. The person in this role will complete weekly/monthly reports, conduct primary and third-party research, craft surveys and assist with focus groups and in-depth interviews.
- Provides support for the product marketing function through research and analyze competitor trends to inform product and marketing teams to provide hard data for strategic business decisions.
- Support account specific sales trends analysis to increase key retailers' business - Compile and analyze reporting voice of customer data to provide customer feedback for product development and quality control.
- Assist in primary research projects including focus groups and in-depth interviews to provide guidance for future product development or inform strategy to marketing and sales teams.
- Draft, program and analyze surveys for registered customers to provide feedback to product teams for future product development as well as uncover any trends to assist in marketing activity or future product launches.
- Utilize current resources to provide insights to help strategy on marketing and sales initiatives.
- Bachelor's degree required (marketing, economics, statistics) plus 3-5 years relative experience.
- High level of Business Acumen required
- Advanced MS Excel experience required (pivot tables, vLookups, etc.)
- Proficient in SQL
- Experience with Python a Plus
- BI Tool Experience (Tableau, Looker etc.)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required.
- Previous experience in drafting and coding surveys is a plus
- Excellent Presentation Skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects prioritizing and time allocation.
- Possesses strong statistical, critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Sound decision making, high accuracy and solid task prioritization skills are a must.
- Understanding the basics of photography/videography is not required but is a plus.
- Occasional travel may be required
Nesco Resource provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.