Electrical Engineer - DIRECT HIRE/PERMANENT!
Manpower Engineering is exclusively partnering with a global company that builds superior and industry leading equipment at the forefront of technology in the Menomonee Falls, WI Area on a highly visible and direct hire/permanent Electrical Engineer position that's open due to continued growth.
The company has 5 production sites situated around the globe, over 900 employees that manufacture products to meet the highest standards in their industry, and thousands of machines around the world in operation daily.
The company offers a very strong compensation plan (base salary plus bonus), top-notch full benefits package, relocation assistance (if needed), and the opportunity to be part of a highly reputable company with an outstanding culture.
This position will be responsible for resolving customer inquiries, advancing the development and production of the global state of the art cutting systems, reducing costs and lead times, and improving their performance, reliability, and manufacturability.
- Assist in assuring products achieve regulatory compliance and reliability standards.
- Work with peers in multiple departments and vendors to advance proprietary technologies and conceptualize new design features and functions.
- Work closely with teams to plan, problem solve engineering/manufacturing obstacles and manage projects from inception to market release.
- Collaborate with Sales and Service in troubleshooting and resolving electrical problems with new or existing designs.
- Answer technical questions and define project requirements for Customers and Sales.
- Determine project feasibility and manufacturability, including the adaptability of core products and designs to stated purposes.
- Present design proposals and risk assessments to Sales.
- Exercise independent judgment and draw conclusions based upon available information.
- Develop design concepts and drawings using accepted and creative engineering practices.
- Develop Bills of Materials, Drawings, Assemblies, Engineering Specifications, Manuals, Preliminary Time Studies, and Project Timelines.
- Developing design schematics incorporating PLC's, CNC/PC, man-machine interfaces, servos, I/O modules, power supplies, transformers, relays, etc.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or a related field
- 3+ years of experience, preferably involving Control Systems, Industrial Automation, Machine Building, Metal Cutting, or regular use of control systems engineering principles
- Familiarity with UL, CSA, NFPA 70, NFPA 79, and NAFTA electrical design standards and compliance.
- Professional experience creating, verifying and/or approving Bills of Material, schematics, and other technical documentation.
- Professional experience as lead engineer designing panels for industrial equipment.
Additional knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Knowledge/Experience with motion control principles, electrical design calculations, computers, CNC/PC interfaces, PLC's, motor controls, and servo drives.
- Ability to develop and modify electrical schematics in 2D AutoCAD and EPLAN.
- Ability to debug PLC programs and develop Safety PLC programs.
- Knowledge/Experience with design analysis/testing including FMEA
- Knowledge/Experience in preventing, analyzing, and reducing vibration issues.
- Experience with product development and a strong understanding of industrial product design and commercialization with respect to lean manufacturing.
- Experience with Beckhoff hardware and software and safety hardware and software.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem solving and customer service skills.
- Knowledge/Experience in EMI noise suppression techniques.
- Knowledge/Experience in 3 phase voltage applications.
- Positive approach and ability to function independently and collaboratively within a team.