US LBM provides a wide range of building materials to construction professionals, combining the advantages of our national scale with the excellent service levels, expertise, entrepreneurial culture and customer relationships of our local brands.
As a people-first company, passionate about continuous improvement, US LBM is proud to provide our associates access to the resources, training and developmental opportunities to empower them to succeed today, while growing professionally and preparing for the challenges of tomorrow.
Receive, stock, ship, order and count inventory items. This is an entry level position that is responsible for the safe operation of a forklift in order to stock all lumber and building materials. Perform duties within the established work and safety procedures.
Essential Job Duties
- Operate safely.
- Participate in a positive work environment
- Assist warehouse associates and direct supervisor in maintaining an organized work environment. May include, emptying trash receptacles, and keeping all bays and staging areas clean and organized.
- Receive incoming products, commodities and materials.
- Provides Excellent Customer Service
- Count and record receipt of materials.
- Stock all material received in appropriate bins or storage locations.
- Assist inventory control in counting and organizing warehouse materials.
- Comply with all company policies and guidelines.
- Operate forklift with foot and hand controls.
- May use forklift to build outgoing orders or to load completed orders onto delivery equipment
- Operate facility equipment as necessary (e.g. bander, power tools, various hand tools).
- Monitor inventory as required by location management.
- Retain an awareness of the work environment critical to the task at hand to produce error free and damage free results.
- Participates in and completes assigned trainings.
- Other duties as assigned by Management
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Minimum education preferred -High school diploma or GED.
- No experience required. Will train.
- Ability to do basic math, read orders, write instructions and complete forms.
- Ability/willingness to learn to read a tape measure.
- Ability to effectively and professionally communicate with customers, other employees and supervisors using verbal and written skills.
- Ability to deal constructively with conflict and recognize potential problems.
- Proficiency with or ability to learn current technologies (e.g. Smartphone, Inventory Control Systems, and other necessary business applications).
- Physical demands include standing and walking for extended periods of time, exposure to extreme temperatures, bending or stooping, regularly lifting up to 50 pounds and frequently up to 100 pounds or more.
Raymond Building Supply , a Division of US LBM Holdings, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status, order of protection status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.