Internal Firm Tax Accountant
As a Firm Tax Preparation Professional specializing in Partner and Company taxes, your primary responsibility is to ensure accurate and compliant tax preparation and planning for both the partners of the firm and the firm itself. You will work closely with the partners and internal tax teams to provide comprehensive tax services while minimizing the firm's and partners' tax liabilities. Your expertise in tax law, regulations, and financial analysis will play a crucial role in optimizing tax strategies and supporting the financial success of the firm and its individual partners.
- Partner and Company Tax Preparation:
- Prepare and file tax returns for individual partners within the firm.
- Prepare and file tax returns for the firm as a legal entity.
- Ensure accuracy and compliance with federal, state, and local tax regulations for both partners and the firm.
- Utilize tax software and tools to calculate and report partner and company income, deductions, and credits.
- Tax Planning and Strategy:
- Collaborate with partners to develop tax planning strategies that optimize their financial positions.
- Work with the firm to develop tax planning strategies that minimize the firm's tax liabilities.
- Identify tax-saving opportunities for both partners and the firm and recommend ways to implement them.
- Documentation and Record Keeping:
- Maintain organized records of tax documents, statements, and filings for each partner and the firm.
- Ensure all tax-related documents are accurate, complete, and up to date for both partners and the firm.
- Prepare and maintain schedules, reports, and analyses related to partner and company taxes.
- Partner and Company Communication:
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with partners and firm management, addressing their tax-related concerns and inquiries.
- Provide clear explanations of tax implications and strategies to partners and the firm in a comprehensible manner.
- Research and Analysis:
- Conduct thorough research on tax laws and regulations to interpret and apply them correctly.
- Analyze partner and firm financial data to identify tax-saving opportunities and potential risks.
- Assess the impact of partnership agreements, firm transactions, and legal structures on taxes for both partners and the firm.
- Compliance and Reporting:
- Ensure timely and accurate submission of tax returns and payments to the appropriate tax authorities for both partners and the firm.
- Address any compliance issues or audits and work to resolve them effectively for both partners and the firm.
- Generate and submit required tax reports and disclosures for partners and the firm.
- Continual Education:
- Stay current with changes in tax laws and regulations, attending training and seminars as needed.
- Obtain relevant certifications or licenses to enhance your expertise in tax preparation and planning for both individuals and legal entities.
What you bring to the role:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or a related field. A Master's degree or relevant certifications (e.g., CPA) is preferred.
- Proven experience in tax preparation, with a focus on individual tax returns, partnership taxation, and corporate tax returns.
- Strong knowledge of tax laws, codes, and regulations.
- Proficiency in tax software and financial analysis tools.
- Excellent attention to detail and analytical skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- High level of integrity and confidentiality.
This job description outlines the primary responsibilities and qualifications for a Firm Tax Preparation Professional specializing in both Partner and Company taxes. The role is crucial for maintaining the financial health of the firm, ensuring compliance, and optimizing tax strategies for both the firm and its individual partners.
What we offer you:
- Our shared values that foster inclusion and belonging including uncompromising integrity, collaboration, trust,and mutual respect.
- The opportunity to innovate and do work that motivates and engages you.
- A collaborative environment focused on enabling you to further your career growth and continuous professional development.
- Competitive compensation and a total rewards package that focuses on all aspects of your wellbeing.
- Flexibility to do impactful work and the time to enjoy your life outside of work.
- Opportunities to connect and learn from professionals from different backgrounds and with different cultures
About Cherry Bekaert
Cherry Bekaert, ranked among the largest assurance, tax and advisory firms in the U.S., serves clients across industries in all 50 U.S. states and internationally. Cherry Bekaert is the brand name under which Cherry Bekaert LLP and Cherry Bekaert Advisory LLC, independently owned entities, provide professional services in an alternative practice structure in accordance with applicable professional standards. Cherry Bekaert LLP is a licensed CPA firm that provides attest services, and Cherry Bekaert Advisory LLC and its subsidiary entities provide business advisory and non-attest services spanning the areas of transaction advisory, risk and accounting advisory, digital solutions, cybersecurity, tax, benefits consulting, and wealth management. For more details, visit cbh.com/disclosure.
Cherry Bekaert cares about our people. We offer competitive compensation packages based on performance that recognize the value our people bring to our clients and our Firm. The salary range for this position is $55,000 to $75,000. Individual salaries within this range are determined by a variety of factors including but not limited to education, experience, knowledge, skills, and geographic location. In addition, we offer a comprehensive, high-quality benefits program which includes annual bonus, medical, dental, and vision care; disability and life insurance; generous Paid Time Off; retirement plans; Paid Care Leave; and other programs that are dedicated to enhancing your personal and work life and providing you and your family with a measure of financial protection.
Cherry Bekaert provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Candidates must demonstrate eligibility to work in the United States. Cherry Bekaert will not provide work sponsorship for this position.
Cherry Bekaert LLP and Cherry Bekaert Advisory LLC are members of Allinial Global, an accountancy and business advisory global association. Visit us at cbh.com/careers and follow us on LinkedIn, Glassdoor, Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
2023 Cherry Bekaert. All Rights Reserved.
No Agencies Please