Meet Leaf Home, the leading provider of technology-driven home solutions that is on a mission to make homeownership easy. With more than 50% of consumers worried about the cost and effort of home maintenance, we focus on delivering remarkable, end-to-end experiences. Trusted by more than 1 million homeowners across US and Canada, Leaf Home is Americas largest Direct to Consumer full-service provider of branded home services and products. Leaf Home and its products, including the patented LeafFilter gutter protection system, have earned numerous awards and recognition from Good Housekeeping, Qualified Remodeler, Angi, Consumer Reports, This Old House and other consumer review platforms.
Powered by people, Leaf Home's innovative products and services are delivered with convenience, trust, and quality via 200+ regional sales and installation offices along with comprehensive field support offices in New York and Hudson, Ohio. We believe we win together. Leaf Home has been consistently named one of the fastest growing private companies by Inc 5000 and recognized as a top employer nationally. Benefits of working at Leaf Home are wide-ranging and include:
Industry-best compensation packages | Fully paid health, dental, vision insurance | 401k with company match | Paid Time Off including paid parental leave | Individualized career development programs | On-demand lunch program | Childcare assistance | Free gym membership | Employee assistance programs, including legal, financial planning, and counseling | Employee discount marketplace | Employee Resource Groups such as VetConnect, DEI Committee, Womens Committee
Apply today and together we will unlock millions of customers' dream homes and your dream career at Leaf Home.
Position Summary: The Executive Assistant provides comprehensive administrative and clerical office support to one or more executives within the Company. This includes ownership of complex calendars, interfacing with senior level internal and external partners, and leading daily, weekly, monthly, and long-term calendar planning reviews. The Executive Assistant will support the executive(s) in being more efficient, better prepared for all meetings, and connecting the dots on tactical and strategic priorities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide daily administrative support including calendar management, travel coordination, and expense reporting to executive team.
- Lead weekly planning reviews to ensure short-term and long-term objectives are in-view for executives.
- Proactively manage calendars and ensure adequate time is provided to prepare for meetings and events.
- Coordinate and lead planning for weekly, monthly, and yearly meetings for executive team and/or company-wide townhalls.
- Coordinate on and off-site meetings executive staff which may include setup of space, travel, and catering vendors.
- Timely processing of expense reporting and invoices.
- Executive meeting preparation to include production of binders, presentations, etc. as well as minor proofreading responsibilities.
- Maintain office supply stock and order inventory as needed.
- Sort, prioritize and distribute mail based on criticality of documents received.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Experience and Minimum Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 5+ years of executive administrative support experience.
- Experience managing executive level calendars and travel coordination.
- Experience in combining, processing, and preparing print documents for executive presentation.
- Ability to juggle various work activities and shift their attention from one task to another to meet the demands of different stakeholders without dropping the ball.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-energy, team-oriented environment and have a roll up your sleeves and win every day mentality.
- Hold oneself accountable and responsible while being self-driven in accomplishing goals.
- Detail-oriented and can focus on task at hand by finding the most efficient and effective pathway to completion.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills at all levels to communicate with internal and external stakeholders articulately.
- Ability to logically connect ideas, scrutinize and evaluate arguments, find inconsistencies and errors in work, solve complex problems, and engage in reflection.
- Ability to provide timely and empathetic service through all communication channels keeping peer and customer needs first.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, and/or Access).
- Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Abilities or Certifications:
- Experience in the home improvement, household durables, and/or construction industry.
- No travel required.
Overtime/Additional Hours Requirements:
- No overtime required.
- Normal office environment.
- Performs indoor work in a climate-controlled environment.
- Sedentary work. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.
Diversity and Inclusion Statement
Leaf Home is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create an environment that embraces differences and fosters inclusion.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Leaf Home will recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, results of genetic testing, veteran status, or physical/mental disability (except where the disability prevents the individual from being able to perform the essential functions of the job and cannot be reasonably accommodated in full compliance with the law).